Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just fooling around with bolt ons right now.. so which would be the better mod to get thats gonna make more of a difference. stewart water pump or professional products plenum..

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
im just fooling around with bolt ons right now.. so which would be the better mod to get thats gonna make more of a difference. stewart water pump or professional products plenum..
well is the water pump elec if so they say anywhere from 7-10 hp and the plenum will definitley open up some more air and will probably be the better mod. for future projects just my two cents:cool:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks man.. i just wasnt sure about the water pump yet

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
4:10 gears... intake and plenum should give you 7-10 at the wheels.. (from what I've read.. it's next on my list too)

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
dont buy either thing. They are both idiotic and almost a complete waste of money. Get yourself some gears(4.10s or 4.30s) and a complete exhaust and be done with bolt on parts. Then move on to your suspension, get a nice clutch, and get a supercharger. Learn from the mistakes that 99% of this forum's members, including myself, have made. Get the things that make a difference. If most people here could have the $2,000+ dollars that they wasted on stupid **** like plenums, CAIs, MAFs, water pumps, electric fans, etc. they would have much faster cars.

be smart with your money.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
dont buy either thing. They are both idiotic and almost a complete waste of money. Get yourself some gears(4.10s or 4.30s) and a complete exhaust and be done with bolt on parts. Then move on to your suspension, get a nice clutch, and get a supercharger. Learn from the mistakes that 99% of this forum's members, including myself, have made. Get the things that make a difference. If most people here could have the $2,000+ dollars that they wasted on stupid **** like plenums, CAIs, MAFs, water pumps, electric fans, etc. they would have much faster cars.

be smart with your money.
how much of an impact can be made with the clutch/flywheel etc..

I'm staying NA (for now), 4.10s on the way, but figure $250 for some hp w/ tb & plenum why not... no desire to touch the MAF, coils and that other silly stuff...

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
ok u anti-bolt ons people r retarded. anything to replace stock parts is GOOD, they ARE NOT a waste of money and in the long run if u do plan to get a supercharger then itll help ur performance even more so. jeeeeeeeeeeezz

and to answer ur question, id go with the plenum. my accufab tb+plenum combo gave me some nice throttle response compared to stock.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
how much of an impact can be made with the clutch/flywheel etc..

I'm staying NA (for now), 4.10s on the way, but figure $250 for some hp w/ tb & plenum why not... no desire to touch the MAF, coils and that other silly stuff...
a plenum is equally "silly." get a tuner. get suspension. dont get a plenum, dude... please...

·
Registered
5,865 Posts
quick come on dood... please...

the tuner tho is a biggie def put that on ur wishlist

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
quick come on dood... please...

the tuner tho is a biggie def put that on ur wishlist
guy, i understand where your coming from, i really do. yes, those bolt ons will help him pick up a few extra horsies outta the FI kit, but not a whole lot. a supercharged car with full bolt ons isnt gonna be much faster than a supercharged car without bolt ons. the bolt on FI car certainly wont have an additional amount of power to justify the spending of a few thousand dollars on said "bolt-ons".

they r more of a toy than a practical power adder...

they r fun to get, easy to do, cool to have... its just not money spent as best as possible. Im a huge propenent of math. Math can be applied to so many situations. if you look at this mathematically and made a list of aftermarket parts and listed them in order with the parts that made the most HP/dollar spent at the top and the parts that made the least HP/dollar spent the bolt on parts like CAIs, MAFs, plenums, water pumps, etc will be at the bottom. It simple economics. The most efficient way to spend money is in a way that you recieve the most "gain" per dollar spent. that principle applies to car purchases as well.

im just trying the teach based on mistakes that I along with many others have made. get the fun stuff now. make the big power first. Then after you have made every other more meaningful purchase go out and get your bolt on parts.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
get the tuner before you get the plenum. at least a tuner will give you something that you can notice. it is also something that you can benefit from in the long run and something that you will NEED in the long run.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
alm driveshaft or save for exhaust.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
1is of all....its your car so do what you want between the 2 choices that you gave i would go with a plenum.

BUT!!!

if you save that money up and get a supercharger or something you will have a much faster car and then you can do the rest. i know thats not what you asked but its just my .02 on the whole bolt on thing. 250 here 300 there maybe another 200 here another 200 there........and after 4 or 5 "cheap bolt ons that are suppose to improve you "HP" you just spent dang near 1k bucks on bolt on that will only get you close to 300 hp. save another 1k and get 2k total...and you can buy a used supercharger or something and youll be closer to 400hp range.....way more than you would spending money on x pipes, catbacks, plenums, TB, alluminum shaft, gears.......just add the price up for all those and your seriously half way some good hp.

i know thats not what you asked but its something to think about. ive had 2 mustang gt's and between rims, midpipes, cold air kits, TB, Plenum, Gears, short throw shifters, i would have had more than enough to get a supercharger.

just FYI, your stock parts will hold up some good power, you wouldnt really need to change any of that stuff until you get up on the hp. thats when you'll really feel every change. if you have a supercharger and you get some headers for instance...ur gonna feel the difference cuz of the F/I. and if you dont wanna a supercharger then its something to think about.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
ok u anti-bolt ons people r retarded. anything to replace stock parts is GOOD, they ARE NOT a waste of money and in the long run if u do plan to get a supercharger then itll help ur performance even more so. jeeeeeeeeeeezz

and to answer ur question, id go with the plenum. my accufab tb+plenum combo gave me some nice throttle response compared to stock.
Watch it. I've got full bolt ons minus gears. The ONLY reason I have full bolt ons is because I got all of them for ridiculously cheap. For the cost of full bolt ons, you can assemble a reliable supercharger kit, and have 100+ more hp than you can with a full bolt on car. Remember spending 2-3k for... what 30-40hp? So scary.... a 260-270 hp Mustang :eek:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts