Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from what i here some people on here think whipple is louder on the 05+
according to whipples faq it is the questest what is going on here who is full of ****.
. Noise is another important factor, the Whipple Charger has the lowest noise level in the industry.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so are you saying whipples faq is not good info?

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
No, but if you go on youtube and look at videos of the KB and the Whipple, the Whipple seems louder. Both blowers are excellent though.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
my whipple is pretty quiet, but this is the 1st SC i've owned so i have nothing to compare it to. plus my exhaust is loud, at idle you can hear the SC pretty good, but when the rpm's go above 2.5k - 3k i can hardly hear the whipple, but at WOT i can definately feel it!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
i also have the gen II whipple that came out earlier this year, but idk if the upgraded rotors make a difference in sound.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Not that I mind the "whhiiirrrr" sound of the supercharger, but what will be the quietest of the twin screw superchargers? Supposing I was to go for the sleeper look.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
the most quiet would be the saleen SC

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
no one knows I'm blown till the kill is finished... I am all about the sleeper look.
My KB is pretty quiet till you hit it,then you can hear it just fine..

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
The "NOISE" is made by how the rear intake turns the air. The KB intake is made to "KIND OF" quiet the incoming air through the 2 turns it makes. The whipple rear intake is not a radiused as the KB and therefore the turn is more drastic and that is why it is louder. If you listen to a Eaton that turns the air down instead of around the rear of the supercharger it makes the incoming air "SCREAM"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts