Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed a trickflow plenum and edelbrock 70mm tb, and i now have a slight whistle noise when accelerating at part throttle, but isn't present at full throttle or decel. I have checked every hose for leaks, i used a new plenum base o-ring, new egr gasket, made sure the ports that screwed into the plenum had thread sealant on it. The intake manifold is new and made zero noises with the stock set-up, and i also removed the air silencer from the airbox, but will be installing my jlt cai this weekend.

I used to have a c&l plenum and sr 70mm tb last year, and that set-up never made any whistle noises, is this normal for the trickflow plenums? the drivability is fine and my idle is fine. :dunno

·
Registered
865 Posts
I have the identical setup as you and mine whistles as well, 3xxx miles and no problems/issues. Apparently the trick flow plenum just does this. Unfortunately when you do the Jlt it will become louder

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the identical setup as you and mine whistles as well, 3xxx miles and no problems/issues. Apparently the trick flow plenum just does this. Unfortunately when you do the Jlt it will become louder
ah, i was googling this subject, but kept getting mixed responses about it, i did noticed that in the stock plenum, there is a raised triangle where the egr port is, i am assuming that was to reduce noise.

Thanks man, now i can sleep easier at night. :cool:

I did notice my mid range seems to pick up a lot better and doesn't feel as flat.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Will be deleting my egr soon with my longtube install keep your eye open for my three and ill let you know if the egr delete kills the whistle

·
Cleg Jr.
9,436 Posts
Back when I put long tubes on I got a whistle after I deleted my EGR. This was when I had a bbk plenum and bbk throttle body

·
Registered
388 Posts
mine whistled when I had an aftermarket throttle body on the trickflow plenum but stopped when I took the tb off.... some people say its normal then other people claim it's never supposed to whistle lol.... I think it's normal because some cold air intakes will whistle and other plenums and throttle body combos will whistle and hitech stage 2 cams will whistle too

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine whistled when I had an aftermarket throttle body on the trickflow plenum but stopped when I took the tb off.... some people say its normal then other people claim it's never supposed to whistle lol.... I think it's normal because some cold air intakes will whistle and other plenums and throttle body combos will whistle and hitech stage 2 cams will whistle too
I suppose its my combo, i dont see too many people running the edelbrock tb.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have the same whistle with my dragon tb and plenum. Ive read its kinda common with some after market parts.

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
I think its a major fail in my part, but I do not believe my EGR has a gasket where it touches the plenum after all the times I have taken it apart... lol

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
I have the BBK 78mm TB/Plenum and have the whistle, too. My EGR is deleted...didn't do anything for the whistle. I also have a JLT cai.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Mine sounds like a centri spooling up with the cai, PP throttle body, plenum, plenum spacer and cams

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
I just installed mine today and I have the same whistle noise, I have same set up as you edelbrock 70 and egr delete I thought I put something back together wrong!

·
Registered
4,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I installed my JLT cai tonight, and the whistle noise got a little bit louder.

I guess i'll have to live with it, its only noticeable when i rev it while stationary, or part throttle while accelerating.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Woooooo Woooooo

Matt, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that knows woooo woooo. For those who don't know, here it is.

On another note Matt, the track in Newington is open on saturday for day racing if you're interested.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts