Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tryed to get power for my gauges off my light switch (red and yellow wire) but it didn't work ended up being 9.4 volts. What or where do I need to get power from to make the gauges light up. Anyone got some helpful hits?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man big help works great now

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i am going to hook my gauges up this weekend, did you have to remove any needles? i got the reverse glow kit from american muscle.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
some do some dont,mine didnt but it was a 3 piece layout,some are a 1 pieace layout an rwquire the needles to be removed

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
yeah man i got the freakin 1 piece ... someone told me they just removed the temp and gas gauge on the far left side, i'm kinda worried about doing that, but i have installed gauges before on a eclipse so i am kinda familiar. anyone have any tricks to make the install easier??

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i have seen 2 ppl put the one piece on without taking the needles off,u can move all the needles to the same direction an slide the guage over it, like that.but some of the guages go under the needles round piece,just remeber to write everything down brfore u remove ur needles

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
well isnt moving them to the same position about the same as removing them? i figure i will just do it with my car completely cold and full of gas, so i know exactly where those gauges will go haha

·
Registered
328 Posts
hell i ended up taking off the needles, and then to get them back perfect i started the car and put them were i thought they should go it was a bitch

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
you are suppose to turn the key to accessory and then put them back where they go right?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here's a good site with basic mod how-tos- when putting in the 1-piece gauge faces, you should take pics of your gauges in 2 positions, (3 if you really want to do it right) car off, and car running. Then, (carefully) take the needles out, install the face, and refer to your pics to make sure you put them back right.

Go to Mustang World (.com) and look at their how-to section.

Good Luck

·
Registered
328 Posts
it doesnt work like that you cant just take a picture i did that and it failed, to get it PERFECT i had to do what i did and it worked.

·
Registered
544 Posts
First post... :eek:

I've been having a problem with my white faced gauges, and I think it'd be better to post it here than to start a whole new thread.

So, onto my problem. All of the gauges work, except the tach. It seems to be getting stuck on something. I'm guessing that the gauge insert is pinching the round part where the needle connects to. Anyone else have this problem?

edit: okay, it was my second post lol
This should go somewhere else but.. i clay barred my car today, it looks gorgeous. Would you guys recommend waxing her right after the clay?

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
yeah make sure there is nothing behind it makeing it stick out,or if its a bend in the layover,put some 2 sided tape on it to hold it down,an yes wax ur car,no protection on it right now

1 - 19 of 19 Posts