Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 gt started smoking after I had the oil filter adapter gasket replaced and I have a check engine light on now . Any ideas on what happened ?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Need a few more details than what you've given. If it's white smoke that sounds like coolant.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
What is the DTC (the code, not the description)?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The smokes coming from the tailpipes and the code turned out to be the o2 sensor , no changes in the look of the oil

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Does the smoke linger or does it dissipate quickly?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
But does the smoke stay in the air or does it disappear quickly. Also what does it smell like?

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
My wife's old focus did that. It also got to be hard start. Turned out it was her fuel pump going bad.

If the engine code is for a bad o2 sensor the. It could be sending the wrong info to the ECU and the ECU not making the correct adjustments to the fuel trims for the motor. I would replace the o2 sensor and see if that fixes your problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's weird u said that because I also have a hard start problem but I didn't think it had anything to do with the smoke. That's why??

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
I won't say for sure but it was with my wife's car. Hard to start and then a bunch of white smoke followed by a constant slower stream of white smoke. The o2 sensor is easy to change and not terribly expensive. Replace that and get back to us.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
What was the actual code number?

It may be the O2 sensor, but it could also be the MAF, a failed injector, or the EEC itself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts