Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt my 302 with trick flow heads and used fel pro 8548 pt2, upon start up it has white smoke out of the tail pipes and clears up after a few minutes of running, what could be the problem?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
38 Posts
not sure i just put my heads on yesterday and when i first started it up white smoke came out of the tailpipes but doest do it anymore did it stop did ya chek the oil to make sure it was not creamy

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oil is clean. I think as it heats up something expands and seals the leak possibly. Idk. I gotta take the intake off and valve cover to adjust a chattering valve tomorrow. Probably will end up taking the heat off and replaces the head gasket and inspect for a crack maybe.

·
Registered
38 Posts
wish ya luck trying to figure out what is wrong with mine to start it have to put the gas pedal to the floor and it idles fine after but chugs pretty bad wen put in third crusing around town but plenty of power after 2500 rpm

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
white smoke is oil

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought blue was oil? At least thats what i have i have heard. Either way when you put your hand in the smoke it's not oil it's water.

·
ayyy lmao
932 Posts
Start pulling spark plugs and smell them for coolant. I had this problem in my thunderbird many moons ago with a cracked HG. I couldn't figure out where the coolant was going, it wasn't in my oil, it wasn't in my exhaust and it wasn't on the driveway, but the car kept eating the reach on the #4 cylinder. I didn't finally put two and two together until the motor hydrolocked.

Does it do it every time you run the car?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea every time then after it heats up it stops smoking, also number one cylinder doesn't seem to be firing we checked the heat of the headers and its at 90 and the rest are around 190ish. We also have a valve tap from that side we are leaning towards the intake valve isn't adjusted right so the fuel mixture isn't going in like it should therefore not igniting. Our biggest fear is that maybe the block has a crack in it and coolant is leaking into the cylinder that way.

·