Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock heads on my car has bad valve guides. So I am looking at buying a set if patriot heads. Just wondering if anyone has bought their products l
lately and your experience?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I think now days everyone is buying the Trick Flow heads, they seem to have a better reputation than Patriot.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, but the price and options that I have to have is not the answer. My piston design just isn't good for the Trick Flows and I have heard that the prices have now increased.

·
Punching Throats
1,246 Posts
last person i saw around here in J-ville getting patriots ended up switching them out for trickflows a month later lol.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just don't have much upgrade option with my set up going with the trick-flows. I am wanting to use turbo cams and if I use the Trick Flows the valves will hit. I was told that by DSS when I bought my shortblock that if I wanted to use aftermarket cams, that a set of ported and polished stock heads is what I was going to have to stick with.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
livernois MHS

MP2 does them too..thats Sweet2kstang here

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
WoW....DSS is full of ****!
Send your heads to modularheadshop.com and make sure you get the high load springs.
The TW heads have more clearance than PI's for big cams, but if you search around you will see that most cams for the TW's are the same spec as PI's.

·
Registered
433 Posts
You can get away with alot more lift and duration with the TFS Heads......The Patriots are fine but I would just send your heads to MHS and have them port, replace valves and guides, and get the heads redone......this way you know you are getting a great product and have them done properly......

"ED"

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
The Patriot heads on my old GT were crap, but that's been years ago. They did them with used cores, and didn't replace the valve guides, they just reemed them, so after a couple thousand miles, the valve guides were shot....

F..... Patriot Performance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts