Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to drag strip today car ran OK... It was hot so I was looking for the guy who did my correction numbers last time.

[email protected] 2.0 60 foot at 12:24pm California speedway

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Use this calculator. Just work your way down the page entering your data. You'll end up with 3 adjusted times for 3 different type of engines. I think when I did your numbers I used the figures for a Lightly Modified Normally Aspirated car.

DA Calculator - Density Altitude Calculator - DragTimes.com

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
On your entire set up. It's a balance. In theory you want to be at the top of 4th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile so gears will net you some gains. Too much gear may cause you an extra shift and depending on where and when that shift occurs can hurt times. Not being able to get off the line will cost you also. Generally gears will always help your ET but in some cases like with the newer MT82 trans, they say that 4.10 gears add an extra shift right at the end of the track and that can hinder your times.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,410 Posts
In theory you want to be at the top of 4th gear at the end of the 1/4 mile so gears will net you some gains.
I have stock 3.55 gears and I'm just hitting the 6500rpm rev limiter in 3rd gear going through the trap. The only way to end up at the top of 4th at the 1/4 mile would be to swap in 4.56 axle gears and those would render 1st gear almost useless.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea the 373s i have i finish in third gear almost redline but they dont seem to have enough push

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Yea the 373s i have i finish in third gear almost redline but they dont seem to have enough push
I'm wondering then if you would do better with 4.30's then. I don't think 4.10's will be a big enough jump. You might end up in one of those situations where you are shifting right at the end of the run and actually lose a little bit over running it out in third.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good friend of mine has 410s hes at about 5300 when he crosses. But dont they accelerate faster then 373s do?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
A good friend of mine has 410s hes at about 5300 when he crosses. But dont they accelerate faster then 373s do?
Yes, they do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts