Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am finishing my wiring and I have came a cross some loose ends... This is not the original harness, my car was a 4CYL 1988 LX and the harness is out of a 5.0 L 1989 LX.

1. (A) These are located on the driver side by the coil and strut tower.

1. (B) Colors of wires.

2. (A) This is located in the same area.

2. (B) Side shot of plug.

3. (A) This is located on the passenger side by the fuel rail.

3. (B) Side shot of plug.

ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME...:cool::cool::cool: Thanks guys - Joe

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
I think the square one in the first pic is for your coolant level sensor that is supposed to be attached to your overflow cap. But it doesn't look like you have a cap with a sensor.

I don't think that plug in the second pic goes to anything. I remember my friend's 86 had two plugs like that by the coil. One connected to a wire that went to the solenoid I think and the other just layed there.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
pic#3 is for a code reader only
No, there is a connector like that behind the strut tower which is for code reading and there is another one or two by the coil/solenoid. I'll go look at my car in a sec but I remember working on my friend's and I was like wtf

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
The first one goes inside the fenderwell and its for the washer fluid reservoir motor.

·
Registered
182 Posts
#1=washer fluid reservoir
#2, not sure but looks like the horn plug but i cant quite remember.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
what about the last 2 photos? times like this makes me wish i had 5.0 friends who were close to figure this out the easy way

·
Registered
182 Posts
i might be wrong, but I thought the sensor in the last 2 pics plugged into the small black wire that comes off of the negative cable on the starter solenoid. im not positive though. best of luck...im in the same boat as you right now, its frustrating i know.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
looks like a bunch of bs that doesnt matter if you saw how many plugs and wires i ripped out of my car you would **** bricks..

·
Registered
182 Posts
e3sean im in the same boat as you....so much unused crap, i just left it all in there though its just unplugged.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
yup 3 and 4 is for the koer test shits
Nope. That's behind the strut tower by the firewall. I looked at my car before work today and mine has the test plug and the one near the solenoid/coil and it's not plugged into anything like in the OP's pic

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah there is 2 that look the same, I know about the one behind the strut tower... this sucks... im scared to try to start it...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts