Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to get your opinions and history for different venders. i like a.m. but they dont sell all the parts/brands i'm looking for but i dont want to buy from a shady company and get screwed over so thats where you guys come from. all opinions and reviews welcome:yes

·
Registered
11,469 Posts
summit is my fav to order from, lethal is not bad but summit price matches and ships real fast.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
you just wondering are all parts or particular parts?

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
summit is my fav to order from, lethal is not bad but summit price matches and ships real fast.
+1, i just had a go round with summit about a set of flowtech headers i ordered from them, twice they sent the wrong thing then when i got them they were junk and i told them they really shouldnt carry such a low quality product and expect to have happy customers. So they gave me 20% off a set of BBK headers and mid pipe and i only had to toss in an extra 80 bucks to cover the spread. They were super good to me and all the shipping for the wrong/other parts was free. That and there isnt much that summit doesnt carry.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i live about an hour from summit but the tax is outrageous. thats why i like a.m. they dont charge tax or shipping.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
summit for most stuff with late model restoration & stage 3 motorsports tied for second.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i've seen mixed reviews about cj pony parts and heard nothing about brothers or lethal until stal94gt

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
blueoval industries sucks. I have had nothing but bad things from them. Hood with one scoop, wrong grill piece, no emblems 4 months later, bad a shipping. CJ is good and sometimes cheaper than AM. am has that sweet free shipping lol

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I've ordered from American Muscle, Summit, UPR and LateModelRestoration. I was happy with all of them. UPR allowed me to return good parts for full credit once when I changed my mind.

A few years ago I ordered from RPMOutlet. Never again. They shipped the wrong parts, didn't know when the correct parts would be in, refused to give a refund (only a credit for future purchases), made it difficult to get a return authorization, refused the first UPS return and fought with me when I challenged the credit card charge. At the time they had a policy that they do not refund for backordered parts. About the same time a guy posted that he had bought a bunch of suspension parts from them. They charged him for the complete kit, he received half and had been waiting a couple of months for the other half. Don't buy from RPMOutlet.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
My top 3:

Holcomb Motorsports: Price matches, and they were the original "Mustang Performance Mail Order Place", so I've been doing business with them for 15 years. When I took this job here in NC, it was a big bonus that I now live about 10 miles from them.

Jegs: Again, been doing business with them for years, and never had a single problem.

American Muscle: Free Shipping and a discount? Sign me up. I typically get stuff from American Muscle that isn't performance related, most of my "pretty stuff" comes from them. The one drawback is brand selection. They typically don't carry the stuff that I want to buy when it comes to performance parts.

I've also ordered from Latemodel Restoration, UPR and Stage 3 Motorsports with no problems.

BlueOvalIndustries is the only ones I've had problems with. I waited 3 weeks for a little vial of Dark Highland Green touchup paint, and they're about a 5 hour drive from me. When I contacted them about it after 2 weeks, the only response I got was: "We can't control the mail, it's been shipped". Crappy, crappy customer service to say the least.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i actaully ordered valve covers and spark plug covers from blue oval industries and had zero problems, they actually shipped really fast and i had no problems with any of the stuff, but i suppose even the dumbest squirrel finds a nut occasionally.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I like ordering from American Muscle, Late Model Resto, Buy Ford Racing, and ebay.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
buy Ford racign is awesome too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts