Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into my local Best Buy this morning, and they're already playing ****ing Christmas music. I went in there just to walk around and kill time, not kill my ****ing ears.

I used to enjoy Christmas as a kid but as I grew older, even when I was still just a young teenager, I started to see Christmas for what it really does to people. The main reason I hate this time of year is because it brings out the very worst in people. People use "Christmas spirit" as an excuse to get ****-faced, take advantage of people, and taunt their arrogance. Jealousy, betrayal, and self-interests don't impress me. At a time that's supposed about bringing people together, every single motherfucker is only worried about what's in it for them. What are they getting and it better be better than someone else is getting.

Another reason is the damn mess and clutter. My wife insists on putting the tree up on ****ing Thanksgiving day. When I was growing up, after Thanksgiving dinner, the whole family piled up in the living room with our full stomachs and watched football. Not with my wife's family. They spend the rest of the afternoon and evening putting up the tree, lights, and decorations. Football is non-existent. Instead, it's Frosty the jolly ****ing snowman or some other stupid ****. For the entire month up to Christmas, the living room feels cluttered with this big ass tree in it, there's a bunch of presents under the tree, about 90% of which will be left in the kids' toy box to rot, sat in the jewelry box to tarnish, or just completely tossed out. The damn lights from the tree give me a migraine, and you better believe if one of those ****ers goes out, my wife will notice it, and get on my ass to fix it. I'd rather drag the tree out in the backyard and burn the ****er. The kids don't give a **** about the tree either. They just want the presents under it. Then I still have to go inside and clean up the damn straw and **** left behind. As a side note to the decorations, there's having drag all of that **** out of storage and put it all away a month later. At least my deer mounts get to be festive when my wife puts a red softball on their noses. I didn't kill Rudolph but I sure as hell wish I had so Santa could've lost his way a long ****ing time ago.

Another reason is because I don't believe is lying to my kids about some mythical Santa Claus. My wife's family is adamant about not forcing religion on our children, yet they put Santa up on a pedestal every damn year. I don't see the ****ing difference. It's a waste of ****ing time and completely ****ing stupid.

Another reason is the ****ing Christmas movies. Every last one of them is god ****ing awful. I don't even like the Family Guy and South Park Christmas specials that make fun of Christmas. Every ****ing Christmas morning I have to suffer through "A Christmas Story" all the while being overwhelmed with the forced gaiety.

Another reason is because social media becomes the worst place on the ****ing planet. This extends off of my first point. News flash, myself and most everyone else doesn't give a **** what you got for Christmas or how your tree looks. **** off.

Another reason is that I feel obligated to spend money on people I don't ever see or even like. I have a pretty big family. Some people get missed. I'm not sorry about that. I'm not going to get everybody a present just ****ing because. Again, **** off.

I'll will be so ****ing glad when New Years gets here and this **** is over. I think this year may be there year I stop pretending to be nice and just let my true feelings about the season come out.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
I don't hate Christmas but I hate when they put **** up way to early. Like home depot right now has Halloween **** right next to Christmas **** already. How about a week before Thanks giving? Is that not enough time? I tried to get snow shovels for our property because after it snows they are gone but they weren't out yet, guy said 2 more weeks. But I could buy a tree. Does that help? push snow with a tree?

·
there's a tech section?
19,648 Posts
I feel like most of these are personal problems.
Scrooge it up.
Maybe they'll realize it actually bothers you.

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are personal problems. I'm just not a holiday person. When it's winter out, I'm the old man that's in non-festive clothing, sitting in my fancy chair by the fireplace, drinking bourbon or scotch, and enjoying the peace and quiet.

When the weather clears, I progress to the front lawn to yell at the neighborhood kids.

·
PSN alphadong11
28,936 Posts
Their parents must suck dicks? According to mindhunter.

Not Christmas crazy yet but getting wine/culinary crazy. Would like to do 3 birds. Smoked, brined/oven and brined Cajon bird. That's either a Thanksgiving day think or a fatass thing.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
I agree with a lot of the comments. The commercialization of Christmas has become overwhelming. It was bad enough when stores started celebrating Christmas before Thanksgiving but now its before Halloween. I don't hang out a bunch of lights or decorations. Its too much work and while it may be fun hanging all that stuff up is a real pain taking it down.

Christmas was fun when the kids were little. They were easy to buy for and were extremely excited when Santa Claus came. I remember my wife and I staying up all night many a Christmas eve assembling gifts. Whether we were celebrating Christmas at home or in temporary quarters (think hotel room) because of a PCS (permanent change of station) we were able to make it work.

My kids are all now in their 30s living in different states. We have no grandchildren. We are all older and it is a much calmer holiday but Christmas is still really nice. It's one of the holidays where everyone comes home. That to me is the best part of Christmas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts