Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Looking at buying one, but I hear they suck at shifting.

Anyone?
they shift firmer,but ive never heard they shift bad.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
They don't suck to shift, they shift different than a T5. Once you get used to it you will be fine. Its much tighter than a sloppy T5.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i had a tko 500 and i drove a car with a tko 600 a few times, it's different then a t 5 but like darrell said once you get used to it it's fine, it was nice knowing that the next powershift wasn't going to grenade the tranny ( i killed a few t 5s one was a world class that was only 3 months old ) but the tko's held up awesome

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't mind a "different" feeling. I've just read about a lot of people having issues getting it into 3rd at high rpms while racing. I'm just trying to figure out if those people are asshats that can't drive, or if there's actually a design flaw.

Sounds like asshats.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
5,556 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey devine how did u like those parts i sent u are u happy with them??
yep yep, perfect.

Wanted that guage cluster cover to drill a hole in the side of. Don't really have a good place to mount the tach, so probably going to mount it to the side of that. wanted a spare in case we changed our minds after we drilled holes in it.

thanks again

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
cool ya i never herd if u ever got them i figured u would have told me if u didnt but i just wanted to make sure.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
also, in case anyone is interested...

we ended up ordering a T5 with a faceplated gforce kit

heard too many bad things about the newer TKOs and was on the fence

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
I have a tk0600...but havent used it yet..but it looks nice, if that helps ur insecurity...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts