Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me know the good and the bad.

How are they on the street. Any wheel hopping while turning?????

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Let me know the good and the bad.

How are they on the street. Any wheel hopping while turning?????
they pop while turning and I wouldnt reccommend them for a car that is driven on the street everyday.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They pop

How do you mean. Just noisy going around turns. Isn't that the ratchet system built in them.

The pop isn't the tire like when running a spool.

I can deal with noise. This is going on my street/strip car. Not the stang

·
Registered
375 Posts
Not the pop is the clutches in them running from both wheels to a single wheel when turning. From what I understand I will be doing a locker sometime in the future.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the Detroit Locker "truetrac" in mine. No noise whatsoever. Works like a limited slip, but when you honkin on it both wheels get the power.

Do you mean a spool type rear end? Don't know if Detroit Locker makes one. Spools ARE NOT for the street!!!

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
Anything that pops while making a turn is not a manufactuer issue LOL. I've seen p1, p2 class vehicle rear-ends and they don't pop LOL

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
they pop while turning and leI wouldnt reccommend them for a car that is driven on the street everyday.
Let me correct myself they dont pop,:D

i had a blonde moment fellors.:eek:

but the factory trak lock will pop while turning if it has four clutch packs in it instead of 3 or so ive heard

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
LOL I'm pretty sure you meaning something on the verge of a "wild whining" like noise right?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had a locker in the rear of my old truck and it wasn't too bad. It ate up tires kinda quick.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My "truetrac" makes no noise and works as advertised. I also have 3:73's, 31 spline 4 lugs, and C clip eliminators. It has taken several 6k rpm clutch drops and not a problem whatsoever. Now my T5,,,,that's a different story.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts