Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need larger injectors for my m90 supercharger kit but the only injectors that fit it have to be really small, i tried asking roush and they told me to ask Delphi but they havent gotten back to me yet. Who else makes small injectors? I figure i need atleast 45lbers, im shooting for 450rwhp and i have 38s now.

this is the only picture i could find of how small they are

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Why do you need larger fuel injectors? Plenty of guys running the M90 with 450+ rwhp and they are fine. 60s are too big for your car at that power level.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
What's your problem lately? Every post I make you feel the need to object to it in a little way. For that power level with the M90 he does not need injectors. The 48/52 lb injectors are the ones from the GT500/TVS and like you said won't fit. The only upgrade would be the 60 lb injectors which are too big. Driveability will suffer.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's some 60#ers i found using this really awesome website called google. my search criteria was "short fuel injectors"... go figure

SHORT EV14 60# Siemens Deka High Impedance Fuel Injectors (8)
sorry i did try google first but i guess i was too specific, i looked for injectors for a roush m90 s/c kit lol, but thank you

Why do you need larger fuel injectors? Plenty of guys running the M90 with 450+ rwhp and they are fine. 60s are too big for your car at that power level.
im getting told different things from different people some say that i'll need new injectors others dont

What's your problem lately? Every post I make you feel the need to object to it in a little way. For that power level with the M90 he does not need injectors. The 48/52 lb injectors are the ones from the GT500/TVS and like you said won't fit. The only upgrade would be the 60 lb injectors which are too big. Driveability will suffer.
i'm just getting really confused over everything because of all the different answers ive been getting, and i just really dont want to **** my car up and i want to be 100% sure about everything. this is the last post for my current setup. im going to use the 38s that come with the kit and if they do get maxed out then i'll go with what 101fng posted. i really can't thank mm enough for putting up with all the questions and helping me with each and everyone of them. i do apologize for all the posts.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Go check out Fnsweet.com which is a forum DEDICATED to Roush cars and you'll find quite a few guys making that kind of power with the 39 lb injectors. The 60s are just too much of a jump IMO. If you could get some 48/52 lb injectors than it would be ideal.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
i've got no problem. he asked for 45's and i showed him a link for 60s instead of 45s, then you said to him that he didn't need 60s and i just clarified for him so that you wouldn't think he was a retard for wanting 60s with an m90. i also posted that ford fuel injection pdf because on there is a small chart which explains recommended injectors for different power levels (boosted and NA seperately). that's why i said 45s would be about right for 450ish hp even though they don't make 45s. can he get away with 38s? of course. the duty cycle might be a percent or two higher than optimum but that's no big deal.

off topic but as for me feeling the need to object to you, i don't lol. i think you're probably thinking of that walbro comment. let me explain... i'm the kind of guy that likes to get the job done for the least amount of money possible. that's why i prefer the idea of using a walbro (or possibly two and wiring up another FDPM) over using a gt500 or fore kit. a dual pump kit can easily be rigged up on a stock hat for decently cheap.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Go check out Fnsweet.com which is a forum DEDICATED to Roush cars and you'll find quite a few guys making that kind of power with the 39 lb injectors. The 60s are just too much of a jump IMO. If you could get some 48/52 lb injectors than it would be ideal.
and i'm sure there have got to be some short EV14 bodied 48/52s out there, so just keep lookin OP.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i will but im going to try the 38s and see how things work out. one of the reasons i wanted something a little bigger in a couple more months i want to forge the internals. i was going to put the new 4.90 pully on from vmp and shoot for 475-500 rwhp, then after awhile when i can afford it, a phase 3 tvs2300 and push some huge numbers with the 4.90 pully with a meth setup or a 50shot of Nitrous to keep the iats down

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
yeah i will but im going to try the 38s and see how things work out. one of the reasons i wanted something a little bigger in a couple more months i want to forge the internals. i was going to put the new 4.90 pully on from vmp and shoot for 475-500 rwhp, then after awhile when i can afford it, a phase 3 tvs2300 and push some huge numbers with the 4.90 pully with a meth setup or a 50shot of Nitrous to keep the iats down
475-500 RWHP with an M90 can't happen...it doesn't have the displacement.

Do you mean a 2.49 pulley?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
i've got no problem. he asked for 45's and i showed him a link for 60s instead of 45s, then you said to him that he didn't need 60s and i just clarified for him so that you wouldn't think he was a retard for wanting 60s with an m90. i also posted that ford fuel injection pdf because on there is a small chart which explains recommended injectors for different power levels (boosted and NA seperately). that's why i said 45s would be about right for 450ish hp even though they don't make 45s. can he get away with 38s? of course. the duty cycle might be a percent or two higher than optimum but that's no big deal.

off topic but as for me feeling the need to object to you, i don't lol. i think you're probably thinking of that walbro comment. let me explain... i'm the kind of guy that likes to get the job done for the least amount of money possible. that's why i prefer the idea of using a walbro (or possibly two and wiring up another FDPM) over using a gt500 or fore kit. a dual pump kit can easily be rigged up on a stock hat for decently cheap.
It wasn't really just that thread it was the lot of threads. It just seemed odd. If you say it isn't the case than cool. :cool:

and i'm sure there have got to be some short EV14 bodied 48/52s out there, so just keep lookin OP.
I've never seen any but you would think there are. Although I really don't think there are.

Don't you mean the new 2.49" pulley from VMP Tuning? It's not going to make 475-500 rwhp though. Just go ahead and get that out of your system. It's just not going to happen unless you throw nitrous on it. If you're wanting a TVS than go for it but there is no 4.90" pulley for the TVS. I think the biggest pulley out is a 3.75" pulley and that is for 8 lbs of boost.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i did mean the 2.49 pulley sorry haha and as long as im mid 400s i'll be plenty happy. thats more than enough power for me

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I was making 500 rwhp 39lbs injectors with my KB so you should be fine with the 38's.

Also 60lbs injectors will not have any drivability problems. I ran a 60lbs injector on a N/A motor and it ran just fine. If that were the case all these guys running 160lbs and 200lbs injectors wouldn't be able to drive their car on the street. It is all in the tune.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts