Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who makes this stuff up. The color of my 2000 Mustang GT is called Electric Green. The color of my wife's 2002 Corvette LS1 is called Magnetic Red.

Electric Green and Magnetic Red. Wow. In art there are three primary colors: red, blue and yellow. Two of those primary colors (blue and yellow) go into the making of a secondary color called green. It appears in our two cars we have all of the primary colors (but two were mixed into green).

That indicates to the average observer that my wife and I have met the colors of the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

P. S. This is a joke playing on the names of the color schemes on our cars. I used to study electronics. The color spectrum of visible light is in no way related to art colors. Yet I enjoyed the comparison. Who makes up these names? Electric Green and Magnetic Red. Really?

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
It's a marketing thing. Everybody is familiar with "candy apple red" and "plum crazy purple." It's just a marketing name. It sounds cool.

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
You should see all of the GM color names now. Pull Me Over Red, Jungle Fever Green, Some Like It Hot Red....

·
Registered
5,842 Posts
Seriously...
Yep, and don't forget GM Caught Red Handed Metallic, Black Pipe, You Drive Me Crazy Metallic, and Moon Shine Metallic. I figure someone at GM has to justify their paycheck with these names

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
King Trashmouth
21,891 Posts
Who makes this stuff up. The color of my 2000 Mustang GT is called Electric Green. The color of my wife's 2002 Corvette LS1 is called Magnetic Red.

Electric Green and Magnetic Red. Wow. In art there are three primary colors: red, blue and yellow. Two of those primary colors (blue and yellow) go into the making of a secondary color called green. It appears in our two cars we have all of the primary colors (but two were mixed into green).

That indicates to the average observer that my wife and I have met the colors of the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

P. S. This is a joke playing on the names of the color schemes on our cars. I used to study electronics. The color spectrum of visible light is in no way related to art colors. Yet I enjoyed the comparison. Who makes up these names? Electric Green and Magnetic Red. Really?
Aren't you a little old to be this high?

You should see all of the GM color names now. Pull Me Over Red, Jungle Fever Green, Some Like It Hot Red....
Mullet mauve...

Trailerpark tan...

Wifebeater white...

Jorts blue...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts