Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... this is my next big mod. kennebell.net offers em for 4999.99 = the whole kit = intercooler.

has anyone else seen the same kit anywhere else for cheaper?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I thinks thats about as good as its going to get :(

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Thats a pretty decent price...

Prolly wont find it much cheaper brand new...

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KB doesnt let anybody else sell them I thought. I dont know but I thought they were only avalible direct from the manufacture.
havent you ever heard of the KB 2.1L mongoose kit from MPH? thats like 8k though.

another question... is an intercooler mandatory? I live in IN, so in the summers it occassionally sees 100 degrees... and i know them twin screws get hotter than a bitch.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
havent you ever heard of the KB 2.1L mongoose kit from MPH? thats like 8k though.

another question... is an intercooler mandatory? I live in IN, so in the summers it occassionally sees 100 degrees... and i know them twin screws get hotter than a bitch.
thats not KB's kit...... thats MPH's kit modified.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Better to cough up a little more and get the intercooler. Better safe than sorry! You would have to run 6 psi without intercooler im pretty sure.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Better to cough up a little more and get the intercooler. Better safe than sorry! You would have to run 6 psi without intercooler im pretty sure.

damn... well yeah, i'll just get the intercooled kit for 4999.99
The non is 3799.99 but the 9-14psi is worth it.

****, 6 psi will only give you like 50hp

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Hell, i could get 50hp with a double decker spoiler :rolleyes:

Yeah KB is the only place you can get their s/c.. I'm gettin a 9psi intercooled kit in about 3 years, so let me know how that goes

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Get the IC version. KB will only sell to dealers that will do the install (I think the buy in is 20K+ too). If you want to put it on yourself you have to buy it directly from KB. You should add a wideband to that price, because having a SC without a wideband is asking for trouble.

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
MPH also wont drop ship KB's...Their price is installed and tuned as well...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts