Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says?

Reactions: 8t6gt

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Why would you? IMO one of the first things you do with a Mustang is replace the upper and lower arms and throw the quad shocks as far as you can!!!

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why would you? IMO one of the first things you do with a Mustang is replace the upper and lower arms and throw the quad shocks as far as you can!!!
i know but im not putting upper and lowers on it right now though but eventually i will

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
spend the 200 on upper & lower control arms ( or box the stock ones ) and throw the quads away jmo

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spend the 200 on upper & lower control arms ( or box the stock ones ) and throw the quads away jmo
im going to just not right now

·
Registered
1,572 Posts

sorry you posted as i was typing , my bad

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
is it really worth it to buy the adj. ones for a street strip car

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
I think i have those i think everything on my car is really stock what are theywell i mean what do they do

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
im running 275/60/15 street tires on 15X8's right now with stock quads..with no work AT ALL...idk i've heard people say you cant fit that, but im pretty sure i have..so idk

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I don't have 275 tires or my quads on but can't you free up some clearance with them by turning them around? It puts the wider body part away from the tire.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
sooner or later you are going to need better control arms so why not buy em and toss the quads that way you gain tire clearance

adjustable arms allow you to change your pinion angle however i've got the cheap non adjustable summit ones pictured above and they are good quality and my car goes 10s on a 275 50 15 drag radial so i'm pretty happy with them, if i didn't have a budget i prolly would get the adjustables tho just to experiment with different pinion angles

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
i know but im not putting upper and lowers on it right now though but eventually i will
Did you buy new tires yet? If not why not just buy the arms? First things first..

·
Registered
3,329 Posts

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Its not even worth the time and effort to box the stock ones. Besides the arms being inferior the bushing are **** and they will give way b4 the arms will boxed or not...

·
Registered
23 Posts
i would just do the control arms before the tires i know that when i did mine not only did i gain the clearance it also felt like it tightened my rear end right up ithink the bushings where shot

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Its not even worth the time and effort to box the stock ones. Besides the arms being inferior the bushing are **** and they will give way b4 the arms will boxed or not...
i totally agree with buying new arms, i only put boxing the stock ones because i know a lot of CHEAP racers and they have gotten decent results by boxing the stockers and putting in new bushings, however i would just spend the 200 bucks on new ones and be done

1 - 20 of 31 Posts