Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get a 12.5s out of this thing next year? My plans for the winter are a new clutch, flywheel, weight reduction, Strange 10 way adjustable struts, skinnies up front. full out race slicks(no more DRs) and fabricated air box. I feel the car has more in it. I think it would be awesome to get 12.5s out of a stock long block

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was going to do heads and cams next summer but i decided to push this long block to the limits and how far it will go, then I will build all new

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope so.... but then I looked at numbers of cammed cars and see that they dont run too much better than that

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I think it is possible...hell you wont know until you try. Weight reduction and suspension setup will be key.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Ill upload that video I wasng bout and post it on here... The car is a stock longblock...stock heads..he may have cams I'm not sure..he was launching at 6k...no power adder ran a [email protected]

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
your talkin about trevor. we all know already. and it was 12.1 at 112

i think you can get it...with weight reduction and a better sixty foot (suspension/tires?)

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
sound's like Ed's car, orange with a black cowl hood?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Na it was silver...it was at the houston tx dragstrip... The car was shown with black and chrome lip rims then they swapped on the slicks and skinnies at the track...wish my car ran like that

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
figured I'd ask, there's a guy up here running pretty much exactly those # with his stock longblock.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Oh...I wander if I can get in the mid to high 12's with the mmr600 longblock and 3.73's...if I can I won't even do the kb supercharger...

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Oh...I wander if I can get in the mid to high 12's with the mmr600 longblock and 3.73's...if I can I won't even do the kb supercharger...
just need a well prepped (ie. drag prepped, no comprimises, but still streetable) car, you don't really need to open the motor at all untill very low 12's.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Can't have the down time...don't have the modular know how...as far as the cam timing and all...so ill just let them do it... I wanna pull the motor on friday morning and hopefully be able to have it running by sunday afternoon...

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
good luck with it then.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Don't think its possible? If not let me know lol... Ill still prolly do the KB...just to say it has it haha

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
man I just looked at MMR's website & that motor sure doesn't come with much, by the time your done to have a decent motor you'll be close to 7k.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts