Modded Mustang Forums banner

who to port?...mmr, livernois, fox lake?

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Cobra123089 
#1 ·
For my buddy who needs to get his heads ported. Who's had good results with either of these guys or others? dont want to spend over 1500 for port and upgraded springs. MMR is the cheapest at 850 for their stage 2 porting, 250 for valve springs. so 1100. however then it's gonna cost around 200 bucks i'm sure to ship the heads there and return shipping. so say about 1300 bucks total. I called livernois after that and got a price of 1500 for their stage 2 cnc port which includes upgraded springs, bronze guides, and flows 207cfm/195cfm. I tried looking at fox lakes website but they dont have the 2v heads on their list of stuff they do anymore, but i did email them asking if they do it and how much for it all. anywhere else that should be considered? right now we're leaning torwards livernois because their within driving distance and the car will be getting tuned there anyways.

#2 ·
I just got a reply from fox lake they have their port job on sale for 1500 as well and includes everything the livernois port work does. however there again shipping will have to be included so it'd prolly be close to 1700. I didn't get any flow numbers from them tho.

#7 ·
I'll second MHS. I would put Nick's heads up against anyones.

BTW, flow numbers aren't everything. It's possible get huge flow numbers and end up hurting performance because the porter killed the velocity to get those huge numbers. This is espcially true with a NA engine.

#9 ·
pm SWEET2KSTANG on here. He has is own shop MP2 Performance and does awesome port work at an awesome price. He is putting together a budget built motor for me along with a set of his stage 2 ported heads. Send him a pm and also check out his website

#15 ·
I ordered MHS stage 3 heads and stage 4.5 N/A cams, he offered me a deal so i took it. The only down fall to MHS is turn around time, he is only one man so if you order you have to have patience. If time is available go with Nick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.