Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a break down on how a Dyno run works. First off my Mods are in my Sig. Is it worth doing one now or is this mainly for if you have a super charger or something? A local shop near me is running a Special of 2 Pulls for $50.00.

How many pulls would someone normally do when they get their car dyno'd?

Do you shift the car or does someone else shift it and you just wait in the waiting room or something?

How much horsepower should they be able to get out of my car Roughly?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
they will run it, u hand them the keys. Its normally done in 3rd gear, and they willd rive it. And Alternative wont hook up a wideband on this day ur talking about. So its just to get HP and TQ. I would never get on a dyno for 2 pulls with ou t a wideband for 50 bucks. 65 for 3 pulls and wideband is what it is normally aorund here.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
they will run it, u hand them the keys. Its normally done in 3rd gear, and they willd rive it. And Alternative wont hook up a wideband on this day ur talking about. So its just to get HP and TQ. I would never get on a dyno for 2 pulls with ou t a wideband for 50 bucks. 65 for 3 pulls and wideband is what it is normally aorund here.
Isn't it usually 4th for manulas & 3rd for autos so they can use the 1:1 ratio?

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
haaayyyyyy

and it could be 4th, but with a stock rearend it takes for ever to get to redline from 1500 RPM in 4th.

They did 2nd on mine with 2.73s!
WOW... I don't even think yours would've made it, even on a dyno, in 4th...:tomato

1 - 14 of 14 Posts