Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so now i am one of the 4v members:D but i have a question. Would my buddy's stock 03 termie beat my 96 GTS with the 04 mach 1 engine, 03 T-56 , CAI, LT ceramic headers, Xpipe, magnaflow, 4.10, SCT tune, and i just dynoed at 311rwhp and 319 torq. what do you guys think

·
Registered
599 Posts
probably not gonna happen man. those termi's are fast.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm... my car grabs the stret really well... i was surprised... it doesnt spin as bad as you would think.... What does a stock termie run in the 1/4... i killed a SRT-10 Ram

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
i would imagine it would take full bolt ons to beat a termi. is it stock? dont forget those are supercharged

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Horsepower: 390 hp Torque: 390 ft-lbs.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
You've got just about the same bolt ons as I do and I can outrun some of the termi's at the track. It really depends on the driver. I think you would really benefit from some new upper and lower control arms and drag radials. That would land you in the nid 12's with some practice, and a lot of termi drivers suck at the track because they like the roll racing more...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
if you have a set of gears (4.10-4.30), and he's 100% stock, and your the better driver you can win up to about 80 or so, but at 80 your pull is going to be stopped, and by 100 he's going to be passing you pretty hard.

if he's the better driver, or has just 1 mod, then you can forget it, they have no problem running mid 12's stock.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
If he is stock and you go from a dig than I would put my money on you as long as you cut it off before 120.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
If he is stock and you go from a dig than I would put my money on you as long as you cut it off before 120.
would need to cut off long before 120.

when i had my 99 cobra, it had a bunch of weight reduction, solid, 4.10's, full exhaust, ported intake manifold, and a bunch of other goodies b time i was done with it, made 324RWHP, i was the better driver, and against my friends 100% stock 03 every time we ran from a stop i would get out about 1 car by 40, maybe 1.5 by 60, then by 80 he would stop my pull, and 100, he would pass me like i was backing up.

the i put a JLT intake, and a borla catback on his car i would get a 1/2 car out on him off the line, but once he caught traction, he was sailing past at about 40, and just putting cars on me, by 100 he typically had 2-3 cars, then started pulling even harder after that. one time i ran it up to 140 chasing him, so i assume he was already to 150+, and he was about 7 cars out.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
with full exhaust,intake,T56, if you throw in some better suspension, gearing and a tune you can beat him all day, wanna make it interesting put the 03 cobra blower on your car and walk around him all day long

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
with full exhaust,intake,T56, if you throw in some better suspension, gearing and a tune you can beat him all day, wanna make it interesting put the 03 cobra blower on your car and walk around him all day long
no he wont. its going to take gears, tune, full bolt ons, and at that point, its a drivers race with the edge going to the termi.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
with DRs high twelves can be done in a mach, if your racing a termi that runs mid 12s, a mach with suspesnion,full exhaust,gearing,tune,intake can run better then mid 12s easily

throw in the rest of the bolt ons and it still can be closhish but mid 12s doesnt take full bolt ons

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
with DRs high twelves can be done in a mach, if your racing a termi that runs mid 12s, a mach with suspesnion,full exhaust,gearing,tune,intake can run better then mid 12s easily

throw in the rest of the bolt ons and it still can be closhish but mid 12s doesnt take full bolt ons
your on crack if you think you can do high 12's in a stock mach, its not happening. my 99 cobra after solid axle was the same damn thing, and it had full exhaust, 4.10's, bunch of weight reduction, UD pullies, JLT, ported intake, accufab TB, and on slick the best time i could manage to get was a few 12.6's, and i normally dont brag about my driving, but im a hell of a driver, many of my launches in that car you could see daylight under the front tires.

a 99/01 cobra, or 03/04 mach with full bolt on's, and gears is great off the line, but starts to fizzle out once it gets to the higher speeds mainly because of the gears.

with that being said, i have ran a best of 12.4 in a 100% stock 03 cobra, and others have gone faster.

full bolt on mach, and stock termi are a drivers race, with the advantage going towards the cobra, especially the higher the speed.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
low 13s on street tires isnt rare in a mach 1, put very good drag radials or slicks on a mach 1 and 12s is very possible, alot of mach drivers and anyone who is very familiar with the mach 1 will tell you the same thing

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Besides, everyone knows that Mach's are faster than 99 cobras...

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
Besides, everyone knows that Mach's are faster than 99 cobras...
they're not THAT much faster, pls my 99 weighed less, and had more power than this guys mach, so if it was that close of a race with my car, then im sure it will be about the same with his.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
but look at it this way though. a mach weighs what, lets say 3450LBS, a termi coupe weighs 3650, 200LBS more. the LOWEST ive seen one dyno is 355RWHP, my 03 dyno'd 395, which is on the higher side of what they dyno stock. lets go in the middle at 370RWHP.

that 200LBS less weight is not going to make up for the 60HP the stock termi is going to have on him.

you cant argue with numbers.

and if the termi has even 1 bolt on... forget it.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts