Modded Mustang Forums banner

Whos all running nitrous plus boost?

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  slow02gt 
#1 ·
Thinking about adding a kit to my car. 75-100 hp shot. Dry or wet? I added a AIS meth kit and was thinking about doing a nitrous kit too.

#2 ·
I don't know much about nitrous but though that it would be a good combination. I've read that the nitrous reduces the inlet air tempature. I would suggest a wet kit and you might want a seperate fuel cell for the nitrous. That way you don't have to worry about the varying fuel pressure of a returnless system and you get exactly the right mix of fuel and nitrous.

#3 ·
Meth and nitrous don't work too well together, you can run like a 75 shot and it will produce gaings of a 100-125 or so but your gonna have to run something better than premium 93 pump.

#5 ·
I am gonna retune with the meth and maybe a smaller pulley. I was curious if anyone has ran nitrous with meth injection cause both have the effect of cooling down the intake charge. I know i can run alot more aggressive tune with the meth now.

#6 ·
I would not try running them together at least to begin with. I have no experience with both at the same time but I would think the extremely cold phase changing nitrous may condense or freeze the meth and/or water.

You have not told us the details of your engine and tune. I can run a lot more boost, timing, and spray than a higher compression engine with smaller cams both with the same octane.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.