Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to swap mine out while I'm off for a week end of this month, now i read somewhere one of them works with the stock a arms and struts, but i cant find which one that was now. Preferably, id like to do just the k member now, then when i decide to do coil overs and tubular a arms later, i could just buy them. Thanks for the replys

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok i think its the qa-1 that works with the stock crap, but if that **** pushes my wheels forward an inch I dont want to run it

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i believe pushing ur wheels up an inch will give u a better center a gravity

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
A good "K" will move your wheels forward a bit and I think that it also moves the "A" arm mounting points back some so arms "sweep" forward. This helps reduce brake dive and, as Boostang says, helps a bit to balance weight distribution.

See Griggs "K" description

Jazzer :)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the stock a arms should be able to be used with any k-member. the a-arm mounting tabs are stock width, which will allow the a-arms to fir. a set of spring perches will be needed, they are a universal piece. termi a-arms will move the wheels forward a little bit, it helps the car set up. most aftermarket k's will move the set up forward, why wouldnt you want that?

i am running a QA1 on my car, its done well for me so far. i am running the termi ars as well, they will be getting changed out soon.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
I definitely love my MM K....it pushed the wheels up about an inch!!

John

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
is the full tubular front qa1 setup fairly decent? I saw a few on ebay for just under 500 for the kmember, arms, and coil over equipment. Doesn't seem like that bad of a deal, what is the weight savings of doing this vs stock?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
is the full tubular front qa1 setup fairly decent? I saw a few on ebay for just under 500 for the kmember, arms, and coil over equipment. Doesn't seem like that bad of a deal, what is the weight savings of doing this vs stock?
the QA1 is one (if not the) lightest k's. they are orientated more for drag racing more than anything else. i shaved just over 30lbs with k alone if i remember right.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
Hell if its the cheapest, lightest, and wont break, its sold. I am aiming for a fairly aggressive car, damn near all my extra money between now and summer, just to beat my bro in a 1/4. I don't want to cut corners and have cheap **** that breaks, but damn **** is expensive and a couple 100 here will help a lot. I was just cautious as it was the cheap set off of ebay, and I saw several when I looked. 30 for just the kmember, how much more for arms + coil over? A guy I know locally said he did a full tubular front and killed off 70lbs, seems impressive, and worth it.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not sure how well they hold up with DD task's. i have read of few breaking the lightweight k's, but so far mine has held up. i will probably be changing mine after the first of the year.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the reason i dont want my wheels shifting forward is because that would look retarted in the wheel well, and this is the k i think im gona end up buying

PA Racing

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
the reason i dont want my wheels shifting forward is because that would look retarted in the wheel well, and this is the k i think im gona end up buying

PA Racing
Does my car look retarded? My Griggs "K" moves the wheels forward as well.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i put the PSR k member on my car and i love it. granted, its not using the stock arms and what not, its more than worth the money. why buy somthing twice?

trying to avoid spending a grand on something thats just going on a bolt on street car, only reason im honestly doing it is for access to these stupid ass longtubes in case i need to pull the passenger one off to do my clutch or drop my tranny for some reason

Does my car look retarded? My Griggs "K" moves the wheels forward as well.

post some pics so i can tell you

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts

PA Racing
It moves it forward like an inch, you would barely notice it just lookin at it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
It comes from the factory with the wheels too far back. Look at the gap around the tire and the fender well. I would like to move them so it looks better.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts