Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at clutches as i want to upgrade from my stocker. I was originally looking at just getting a Spec stage 2+ but after reading the stuff on the Centerforce Dual Frictionclutch it seems like a better choice.

For those of you running it how does it compare to stock and is it a pretty good street/strip clutch? How does is drivability and hows it feel? From what i read it looks awsome. Thanks fellas

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
+1

<--Would like to know as well...

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I dont have thta one but ive heard its a great clutch and has a light pedal feel.. I just put in the fidanza 2.1 and love it. It has a light pedal feel and grabs really nicely..

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
I have it. I bought it a few years ago, like 2 years ago when I did my new tranny. I ****in love it. Not having anything other than the stocker to compare it to, I would say that it is perfect for just about any application. It was installed prior to my s/c, so I ran it with the stock stuff, and now have run it with the added power. It has always gripped, yet still felt like the stocker as far as use. The pedal feels great. I can slowly engage the clutch with no throttle and it grips with out stalling the car. Never slips. Seems like it always grips even when I punch it. I love it. Best upgrade I think I could have made at the time.

From what I understand and have read and heard, Centerforce > Spec any day, but like I said, I have nothing to compare it to. Plus the price is great to. Got my kit from Summit.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awsome thank you ~C~ ! I wiill get the centerforce dual friction then. Are you still running the stock flywheel or are you running an aluminum unit?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Caleb that is the one I am going with. for the simple fact that it has the counter weights on the diaphram fingers for centrifigul assist

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ran the centerforce DFX clutch that was a great clutch but it was a lot more touchy then the DF... drove a buddies car with the DF and it felt like stock

·
Registered
28 Posts
The centerforce DF is awesome..its great around the street and then when you take it to the track the grip it has is amazing..DF all the way!

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Caleb that is the one I am going with. for the simple fact that it has the counter weights on the diaphram fingers for centrifigul assist
Sounds like we are going to have similar setups :D. Thanks for the email btw
both JP and I have the Spec 2+

never had a problem out of mine and from what jp says, he loves his.
I was actually looking at the spec 2+ first but remembered hearing about centerforce. I think im going to stray away from the spec and give the centerforce a shot
I ran the centerforce DFX clutch that was a great clutch but it was a lot more touchy then the DF... drove a buddies car with the DF and it felt like stock
Good to hear thanks :)

The centerforce DF is awesome..its great around the street and then when you take it to the track the grip it has is amazing..DF all the way!
Thanks for the info

·
~C~, The Other White Meat!
1,623 Posts
Awsome thank you ~C~ ! I wiill get the centerforce dual friction then. Are you still running the stock flywheel or are you running an aluminum unit?

Yes, unfortunately I am running the stock flywheel. I had it milled but I should have replaced it. I just didn't want to spend the extra cash for it when I had to buy a new tranny. I would have definitely replaced the flywheel at the time though. I just bought the Centerforce DF and install kit. I think I had to pick up a TOB (Throw Out Bearing :lol) for it also. Just an FYI. Either way, you won't be upset with your decision should you go Centerforce. From what I remember, it is good till about 650 or 700 HP.

both JP and I have the Spec 2+

never had a problem out of mine and from what jp says, he loves his.
Like I said, nothing to compare it to, but no complaints whatsoever. My buddy who had a '99 GT puttin down 409 rwhp had a King in his and he loved mine much more....just some food for thought.

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
I really like my DF...by all means do something with the flywheel though! lol my dumb ass didnt and now its comin back apart....doesnt slip unless your on it real hard on the 2-3 shift and the 3-4...it squeals for a split second and grabs again...I couldnt be happier with it though! :) o and btw...when I talked to centerforce about my problem they said jus to send it back and they would give me a new one...FREE OF CHARGE!! lol they have great customer service.....they also said it would hold up to 650 ft lbs :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts