Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just installed a vortech on my car and I contacted vortech to purchase a different valute for it that they wont sell me but they will install it along with an si upgrade for 400. is the difference worth it from s to si

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think the upgraded S trim to Si trim is louder at WOT. Maybe at idle its alittle quieter, but at WOT you can really hear the blower.

But yeah, I agree, its more "beneficial" once your making more then 13psi. V1 S maxes around 16-17psi. The Si maxes at "25psi" but I dont think any 2V has ever made that much boost through one, usually between 19-22psi. But the amount of air the Si moves (cfm wise) from like 11-12psi all the way til 22psi is a good amount more.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
At the same psi level you'll make around 20rwhp more with an Si.

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I have done this swap, it is worth every peny you invest I made around 50more RWHP and picked up around 3 psi with the same pulley. I upgraded to the T trim blower as well from the SI but for this I had to buy a whole new head unit. for 400$ you cannot buy another upgrade that will offer as much power as this simple upgrade will. Go for it dont think twice.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay thanks a lot that's what I needed to hear how much boost are you running ssg

·
Super Moderator
13,578 Posts
I was running about 21 PSI on my SI trim right now I am running 18PSI on my T trim but im dropping the car off At Kurgan motorsports and they are slapping on a 2.7 pulley going for about 21-22 PSI.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts