Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
first, they dont include the struts, and second, if you want your car riding on a $35 suspension at 120mph then go ahead and buy them...remember, you get what you pay for

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what would you suggest? i also dont mind if i get springs instead of coilovers, i just like that you can adjust it.

see i didn't even know about struts I'm new to cars. this is my first car and dont know much.

if i get springs will i need struts?

thanks man

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
nope, most people on here have lowering springs an performance shocks...some have a tubular front K member with the coilover conversion, but its alot higher quality than those...what are you trying to do with your car?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right now i just want to drop it about 1.5 inches tint the windows get new headlights and a new exhaust. then save for a bike and after i buy that start modding again

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
The reason is that they're all chinese and japanese products. The quality of steel is not the same. american and european iron is far superior to the steel produced over in the far east. That is why. If you don't believe that call a metal scrap recycler. I kow this I deal with them everyday. I work for a demolition/ environmental company. I deal with scrap yards on a weekly basis. I highly reccomend H&R Springs. I bought mine from American Muscle at americanmuscle.com they're reasonably priced and shipping is free.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
you need the ones for the v8...and you will need caster camber plates...if you want to do it while your there the steeda X2 ball joint kit and bumpsteer kit are also advised

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im pretty sure i have a v6.

is there anyway someone could list the websites of all the parts i would need so i dont mix things up? my funds arent huge either but so i dont need the best of the best. thanks

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
You could buy shocks, but to be honest if money isn't an option buy a kit. If you have limited funds and are just driving your car on the street. Then just springs upgrade your shocks when the old ones go out. Camber/ Caster Plates aren't a necessity unless you do some road racing, or you drive like an animal. I bought a huge suspension kit and ended up not liking my control arms and springs, so I bought another set ans swapped them out.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
not true^^^ more than a 1 inch drop and you wont be able to set your camber correctly...you will have uneven tire wear and bad handling just get the CC plates they are like 175 ish from stangsuspension.com

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Like I said the metal content is not as good as ours. You guys remember when you were little the difference in an old Hot Wheels car how thick the die cast frame was, and then you remember the cheap knocj offs from the dollar store the frames would break. They call it white metal. It has no carbon, which gives metal is strength. Iron has alot materials that are used to make it what it is. Like Carbon, limestone, clay, lead etc... We add these to our metals which is why are products are superior overseas they don't have the natural resources that they do. Which is why they try to buy all of our srap steel to mix it with their product to better it.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
+1 You cant go wrong with maximum motorsports.
yup, cant go wrong with MM, stuff is great, but at less than 1/2 the price, and almost as good UPR is a better option.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts