Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha!!

Now that's sweet.

So even those "redesigned" Camaros that came out a few years ago couldn't hang with the Cobras? (BTW...no offense to Camaro owners but the Camaros of the millenium and the 90's look terrible IMHO. Now, the classic Camaros going back into the 60's and 70's were nice.)

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
And the new Camaros look like the old ones. They are due out for 2010 I believe. The 99,01 Cobras and Mach 1s can hang with the LS1 Camaros for a driver's race on who wins. The Terminator makes more than enough power to take a Camaro. They're more on par with the more powerful Corvettes.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
when the 03/04 cobra was in the development stages, SVT code named it the terminator to signify the fact that the car was supposed to end the rivalry between ford with the mustang, chevy with the camaro, and pontiac with the trans am

·
Registered
165 Posts
What they said. The LS1 engined monsters ate up regular GT's for lunch. They produced around 320HP on the SS Camaro and WS6 trans-ams (pretty much the same car, different body, in a nut-shell), while are GT's of this time (99-04) produced only 260 HP. So, this led to an internal project, code-named Terminator, canceling the 2002 cobra for this one to be birthed. They were given a 4v engine, mated to an eaton supercharger, producing 390HP altogether, and are VERY welcoming to modifications (most people can EASILY get theirs around 400-500hp with bolt on). So, as said above, they were meant to terminate the competition.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
What they said. The LS1 engined monsters ate up regular GT's for lunch. They produced around 320HP on the SS Camaro and WS6 trans-ams (pretty much the same car, different body, in a nut-shell), while are GT's of this time (99-04) produced only 260 HP. So, this led to an internal project, code-named Terminator, canceling the 2002 cobra for this one to be birthed. They were given a 4v engine, mated to an eaton supercharger, producing 390HP altogether, and are VERY welcoming to modifications (most people can EASILY get theirs around 400-500hp with bolt on). So, as said above, they were meant to terminate the competition.
In a nutshell you're correct, but I thought my answer was funnier. :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
me too. SHOman, don't listen to my nonsense. Its completely pointless and stupid. futureMACH1racer's was alot more thought out and meaningful

/fail

lol

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
And the Termis were underrated. If I remember right they make more like 390 to the wheels or just a tid bit shy of that.

·
Registered
135 Posts
they make about 430 hp and tq at the crank.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow...that got me aroused...I'm not going to lie.:D

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I just love that sound.

·
Registered
165 Posts
wow. total orgasm. I love it when they whine ;) .

And I wasn't trying to smash on you futureMACH1racer. I make-uh da fun knee, yes?

Lol. I also agreed yours was funnier than mine. P.S., it makes me all warm and fuzzy when you call me shroomy. ;) lol

Ok. All of us can pretty much agree on one thing:

termi = boner

and for our females..... termi = boner
FTW!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The name pretty much explains why they are so badass
i think everyone can agree with me on that.

·
EMT
6,566 Posts
heres my step dads termi and my 97 cobra together so you can compare... even though he loves his power he still is in love with the SN95 body style...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
99....I too like the body style of the 96-98 better than the 99+ version.

JMHO, and if I'm paying for the car that's all that matters..:D

BTW...you have a sweet looking Cobra.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts