Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering why the 2Vs shouldnt be reved as high as the 4V's. I know the 2Vs lose power after like 5500'ish RPM. But I plan on doing cams this Febuary/March. And obviously am going to need to rev my motor higher. Probally put the revlimiter at like 6500rpm
The Machs and GTs have the same rods and pistons. Is it because the Machs forged crank absorbs some of the vibration? So the rods dont take as big of a beating?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Valve springs and cam profiles.....

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
what c my 4d said.

EDIT:also see above. heads don't flow as well up high so no need from the factory.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
WTF? I don't understand..... How's your project been coming lately?
VE=volumetric efficientcy. these heads just have a hard time getting the air into the heads.

as for my project, it should be done shortly. i have pretty much everything on the way, just got a cew misc things to get.

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Makes sense now. I didn't have a clue what the hell you were talking about.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So if I do HiTech 2's, with Valve Springs could I rev pretty high right? Also, if I m revving over 6,400 would I see a good gain from a P-51 or Track Heat Intake Manifold?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
What are you trying to do with it? You don't have to spin it to the moon to make power and the bottom end doesn't like alot of rpm.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol...nah I was just wondering. Because the Machs redline at 6800. And the only differance on shortblock GT vs Mach is the Mach is Aluminum, and Forged crank. Plus I hate 4.10's on the highway. I started pulling on an LS1 an ran out of gear....wtf lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
that as 32valves and 4 cams....

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
the forged cranks were only in the 5 speeds with the higher redline.

MAch1 autos were cast crank and GT redline

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know the auto Machs have the cast crank. And they redline at 5800. An I know they have 4 cams. I know the 2V heads dont flow to rev that high. But, as far as shortblock Mach an GT has the same rods and pistons. So thats why I was just wondering why GTs arent supposed to rev as high.

I now know because of valvesprings, and like sweet2kstang said the heads dont flow well enough.
I wanted to know because Im doing cams in Feb/March. And because like I said, I raced an LS1 from a 70 roll an he apparently takes off on the 2nd beep. I started pulling on him at like 100mph and ran out of gear. Thanks for the help guys

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
Lol...nah I was just wondering. Because the Machs redline at 6800. And the only differance on shortblock GT vs Mach is the Mach is Aluminum, and Forged crank. Plus I hate 4.10's on the highway. I started pulling on an LS1 an ran out of gear....wtf lol
Well 4.10's will hurt you on the highway due to the increased drivetrain speeds. You benefit from the 4.10s in the 60 foot. If you want to roll race put the stock gears back in it.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
quick question....3v S197 internals are the same as the 2v right? 450rwhp rating?

·
Billy Weston
5,076 Posts
They are slightly different and seem to hold up to a little more power.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts