Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
so what would be your tech related question since you decided to put this into the 99-04 tech section? :)

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I know. How can we get Ford to agree that they needed to give the GT's the 5.4 L and have a mass recall so we an get the hook up :D. I know I know, But i can still dream along with shamngtmry, right?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
sales are fine. we sell over half a million dollars a day worth of insulation.
Thanks for asking. :)

vent in the club house bro.

that's what it's there for.
the tech section we try to keep well... tech related.
If you have a question feel free to ask though

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
anyone who likes the 4.6 would only love a 5.4 in there Mustang GT, even the supercharged cobras would be so much more with a 5.4. Funny how the 4.6 alone can give the 5.7 some comp.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HMUSN, what can you do for my 03 Gt, Tune wise? I have the xcal 2 with a decent amount of gain from it? I have read everything from your site

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
go onto the site and shoot the email on there a data log.

$40.00 for a tune including 2 years
of free retunes.
Date logged tunes are much better than canned tunes.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
dont mean to steal the thread bro but whats the difference between the canned tune and the date logged tunes you speak of.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cant data log. I dont have a laptop.
ah to data log how much logging do you need, do I have to go put it under a full load ????just dont know

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
a canned tune is a basic tune like "91 octane"

a data logged tune is when you send your personal tuner your data logs ( which if you don't know how to do I can teach you) to your tuner and he makes you a custom tune for your motor.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
soooooo if i get an xcal 3 and do some data logging on it or whatever you can write a custom tune for me. whats the spec differences on the canned and what you can do?

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
I don't write the tunes myself.. The tuner of the site does.. he is a very good friend of mine and my personal tuner.

He knows his ****.
I rep him because he has helped me in the past.
There are a few ppl with his tunes on Modded Mustangs.
SmoothGrandma is one I know of offhand.. shoot him a PM and ask him if he is happy with it.

when you data log you the tuner will be able to make many more slight changes to your tune
based on your numbers from the data log.

the canned tunes are just simple generic tunes.
And I am not telling you that just to try to sell you something man.
canned tunes tend to run rich in general .. so you don't blow up your motor and blame them.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
alright man whether you were doing trying or not you sold me. the last thing i want is to blow my motor thinking ive got a [email protected]#$ tuned car. when i get my tuner im going to give you a PM. Im not all that great with the high tech electronics and stuff so if you dont mind you or someone might have to help me but im down with you guys if you can get me a better tune that fits MY car. but one last question...so even if i get a custom tune from them its still generic and rich for my engine?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you sell out!!!! J/K

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
you can email them all day BUT withought you datalogging your info they cant get you a tune and that means you have to use your devil tuner :eek:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts