Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering, I was messing with my car today and my buddy noticed I had the MAF conversion so he asked me what computer I had, popped the kick panel and noticed I had the A9L. He told me thats pretty much the most sought after fox computer. Is this true? if so why? I know nothing about them and am just curious.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Supposedly has the best fuel/timing mapping. Some people actually say the A9P (the automatic computer) is better on a stick car because it gives it a better torque curve. Without doing a back to back comparison, who knows....... :dunno

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
A9L is probably the most common Fox computer. It was used several years on
5-speed Fox Bodies!

·
Registered
323 Posts
yeah the A9L is very popular....i just bought one for my 2.3 --> 5.0 swap but they aren't manufactured anymore so you either pay $200 on ebay or $85 for a reconditioned one from autozone w/ a 1 year warranty. It is supposed to have the best fuel/timing ratios although the A9P could be used with the MT.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
yeah the A9L is very popular....i just bought one for my 2.3 --> 5.0 swap but they aren't manufactured anymore so you either pay $200 on ebay or $85 for a reconditioned one from autozone w/ a 1 year warranty. It is supposed to have the best fuel/timing ratios although the A9P could be used with the MT.
^^^As long as you use the matching auto O2 wiring harness!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Why^?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts