Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im siked about my new exhuast but I am still a beleiver that the GTA's are some of the most underated axle backs out there. I loved them for the year Ive had them. Just ready for something new. I will probably thow them on with the new setup just to compare.

But in this clip this guy says he has bassani xpipe with the gta's. I have frpp xpipe with the gta's and yea at full throttle the xpipe and gta's scream but my car is nowhere near as loud as his on idle. Does he have headers and high flow cats or something, the bassani xpipe cant make any difference in volume to my xpipe?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
maybe he's got no cats

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's the opposite, he on the video says his is the catted

"The exhaust is a Bassani x-pipe with comp cats and Supreme GTA mufflers"
- ryand1112

"Bassani x-pipe with cats."
- ryand1112

I wasn't sure about on the eight, but on the six they add depth at the top end.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the opposite, he on the video says his is the catted

"The exhaust is a Bassani x-pipe with comp cats and Supreme GTA mufflers"
- ryand1112

"Bassani x-pipe with cats."
- ryand1112

I wasn't sure about on the eight, but on the six they add depth at the top end.

Hey dude where do you live?

Yea I know he says that its catted but he has to have headers and high flow cats or something.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I live by long gate, about a block away.

Looking at your specs your car looks unholy, bet the neighbors hate you.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I live by long gate, about a block away.

Looking at your specs your car looks unholy, bet the neighbors hate you.

No everybody loves the sound of a finely tuned mustang. And if they dont they are communist.

LOL I live across from fairway hills golf course. What color is your car?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
sometimes although you got the same set up, it may sound a little different. this guy in my mustang club had the same setup as me and his was definately louder although it was the exact same exhaust setup.

·
Registered
818 Posts
The difference in the sound is that you have an frpp x-pipe with stock cats. Even though the stock cats are "hi flow", they dont sound the same as a full aftermarket setup. I've heard a few cars with the frpp x pipe and it didnt make a real difference over stock hpipe as far as loudness...just changed the tone a little imo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
HAHA you've probably seen me then, I've got the Orange one with black stripes likely bombing down columbia road. I take that damn near every day to HCC. I practically live down the street from you, where columbia road turns into St. Johns Ln.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To the school zone not through it :) I like to maintain some semblance of consideracy and responsibility.

btw that's a sweet looking front bumper. Who done it?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
HAHA you've probably seen me then, I've got the Orange one with black stripes likely bombing down columbia road. I take that damn near every day to HCC. I practically live down the street from you, where columbia road turns into St. Johns Ln.
Cool flag me down if you see me.

The difference in the sound is that you have an frpp x-pipe with stock cats. Even though the stock cats are "hi flow", they dont sound the same as a full aftermarket setup. I've heard a few cars with the frpp x pipe and it didnt make a real difference over stock hpipe as far as loudness...just changed the tone a little imo.
I didnt see where it said he had a full exhuast that is why i was asking. if that is the case it makes sense then. The way i read it he just had gta's with a splice in x pipe

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Interesting...flying thru a school zone...sound good tho.
Ha, yeah, there were probably better places they could have filmed that. School may not have been in session, but it's obviously residential?

That flyby sounded nice and low, but man was that thing raspy on the upshifts.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I like a little raspy, sounds like a race car to me. And you cant make these things sound like real old school big block muscle anyway so ill take raspy. I know its not for everybody though.

Im not saying i like the way his car sounds, i dont. i just didnt understand that he had aftermarket cats as well and thats why its louder then my gta's with xpipe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts