1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
my sentiments exactly!!

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
some are steel, some are chrome moly while others are aluminum. The bushings have allot to do with the price as well but I wouldn't pay full price for anything bbk made.. bbk normally sucks balls with there parts

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
did bbk change their design. I have adj lowers and look nothing like those.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Like Ryan said the bushings have a lot to do with it. I have run $300 and one I made myself and the main diff is bushings and weight.

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
those are not adjustible in the pic
haha yea :eek:

I was like um those BBK's look nothing like mine then I read it again.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
some are steel, some are chrome moly while others are aluminum. The bushings have allot to do with the price as well but I wouldn't pay full price for anything bbk made.. bbk normally sucks balls with there parts
x13

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy I allways trusted BBK I love there headers there CAI and there throttlebody. But I did get a hint at a muffler shop saying that the ball on the headers tend to warp alot. is that true

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I had shorties on my 94 and LT on my 97 and never had any trouble.I have always had good luck with BBK

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy I allways trusted BBK I love there headers there CAI and there throttlebody. But I did get a hint at a muffler shop saying that the ball on the headers tend to warp alot. is that true
Never had a problem with there shorties.. Have had two different sets on two different cars but there tb's whistle like a mofo, there adjustable clutch cables are horrible, there intake manifolds are horrible quality and there control arms are over priced pieces of steel. There fuel pressure gauge tends to leak at the adapter on the rail from what i've seen and hell there cc plates are even pretty bad when compared to other companies but they do get the job done

·
Registered
337 Posts
same here, never had a problem with bbk

as far as the op, it does not say alot in the links i.e. the weight, materials used, ect.

with that said though, even with brand names I keep a close eye on what I buy. more money does not always mean better product. you have no idea how many times I have baught a 'summit brand' products and when I compared them to friends who baught the same thing name brand for 2x the $$$ mine was equal in quality

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
same here, never had a problem with bbk

as far as the op, it does not say alot in the links i.e. the weight, materials used, ect.

with that said though, even with brand names I keep a close eye on what I buy. more money does not always mean better product. you have no idea how many times I have baught a 'summit brand' products and when I compared them to friends who baught the same thing name brand for 2x the $$$ mine was equal in quality

Are you saying you didn't get what you paid for?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never had a problem with there shorties.. Have had two different sets on two different cars but there tb's whistle like a mofo, there adjustable clutch cables are horrible, there intake manifolds are horrible quality and there control arms are over priced pieces of steel. There fuel pressure gauge tends to leak at the adapter on the rail from what i've seen and hell there cc plates are even pretty bad when compared to other companies but they do get the job done
I have one of there throttle bodys and I've never had a problem with them. as for the intake manifolds I agree with you on because I look a different thread and saw the crappy cracks in them. how about there billet fuel pressure regulators

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
never used there afpr honestly, always went with aeromotive and the bbk tb I had would always whistle at idle and it wasn't a cool v1 vortech whistle like what your thinking right now. It was annoying wtf type and if you call them and bitch they suggest you drill a tiny hole in one of the butterflys to rectify the issue lol

·
Awesome Sauce
146 Posts
I had a BBK throttle body on my LT1 in my sonoma and it would stick at idle. I had to polish the hell out of it and sand the butterfly to make it not stick.

·
Atomized
1,397 Posts
there's a dude here in town running into the the mid tens with the summit cheap ass arms. I never understand the difference.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts