Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why do people remove the quad shocks on stangs?
can anybody give me a link or a source for info on them?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Their there to reduce a wheelhop problem. Wheelhop is caused by the lower control arms flexing under load. When people replace their factory lower control arms with stronger boxed or tubular control arms they no longer flex. This makes having quad shocks unnecessary. They could be left on, they won't hurt anything - but their extra weight so you might as well remove them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, I want a good handling setup rather than a good drag setup.
right now my plans are for lowering springs and new shocks/struts. should I also get lower ca's and remove the quad shocks? how much would the aftermarket lower ca's cost+install?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
removing the quad shocks will not affect anything so long as you have aftermarket lower control arms.

I purchased my upper/lower control arm kit from Blue Oval Industries off of eBay, for about $150 plus shipping if I remember correctly. Thats very inexpensive, and they only get more expensive from there.

Lowers are all thats "needed", aftermarket uppers help very little for road or drag. Installation would probably run 2-3 hours labor, which would amount to $150 to $225 at most likely. Be a good idea to get those done at the same time you get the springs done, it would save on labor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool. thanks for the help dude.
lemme see if I got this straight.
when I get the springs/shocks put in, I should have them also put in lower control arms and ditch the quad shocks? and my handling will improve?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts