Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble figuring out why alot of the cars with 450-475hp are running in the low 12's while a few are in the 11's. I'm trying to get to mid 11's as most of you know but I want to do it right the first time and not end up in the 12's.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
You can have all the power in the world...if you can get it to the ground and stick...it will do nothing for you...

aka...suspension, gear and tire setup..

thats why im staying N/A because with stage 2 heads and stage 3 cams your at around 380rwhp and with the right suspension and tire setup that is mid 11's if not low 11's..thats as fast as i would like to be..

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
1 because they cant drive.

2 they cant drive

3 their dad might have bought it for them..

4 they are lying and it only puts down 300 hp and the bitch cant drive

5 if it does have power and the driver mod, then A) the wrong tires B) really safe tune with TM all over the place C) suspension cant take it, or just setup wrong.

6 This is all my opinion

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is the main suspension on getting the power to the ground? And I take it a single piece draftshift is a must.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
1 because they cant drive.

2 they cant drive

3 their dad might have bought it for them..

4 they are lying and it only puts down 300 hp and the bitch cant drive

5 if it does have power and the driver mod, then A) the wrong tires B) really safe tune with TM all over the place C) suspension cant take it, or just setup wrong.

6 This is all my opinion
My thoughts exactly, how you doing brother.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
doin good man, been busy as hell and ignoring ghettowebz

did you ever get that car?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I know my problem is suspension and tires. I'm on the stock 235 BFGs. I spun thru 1st and 2nd. I just wanted to see what it would do before i started modding it. With my trap speed I think I have a low 12 high 11 in it. I'm on the frpp box tune so I'm sure its pretty safe. I haven't had it on the dyno yet so i don't know exactly what kind of HP I'm putting down. Hopefully when it cools down I can get some better runs in. This run was before the LCAs and relocation brackets.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
damn I just noticed your trapping 115

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
damn I just noticed your trapping 115
Yea I had only had the car about a week so i was still getting use to it, it was the 1st time I had been to the track in 10 years and it was about 95 that night. I couldn't really start hookin up till I hit 3rd.:no

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Blown or N/A?

Suspension is basically control arms, panhard bar, swaybar can help. Anything to keep the rear centered, the car level, and the tires down.

Just go to the track. Thats where your question gets answered. Try things on your car. Go with what works change what doesnt no matter who said it was right.

Watch cars that run the times you want to run. Ask them how they got the car to run 11s. Not what brand name of parts he has.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
^ sounds advice, I like the dont listen to the ney sayers part.. look at how slow they usually are.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just picking, BTW what track do you go to?
might meet up with you one day.
State Capitol is the closest to me only about 45 minutes so Thats usually were I go. I do want to go to no problem soon though, I have never been.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
not much, living a busy life... cars been taken apart three times since we last spoke, had a spell of bad luck but I think I've got all the bugs worked out.

yea its a little to much on the street when that 78mm turbo is singing full tilt, still trying to figure out the boost groups in the e-boost2 menu.

hope your doing well Rich!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts