Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A public forum is about gaining and sharing information and knowledge, am I wrong?

MMR posted up an ad for some chain tensioners in the 2005 sub-forum. Those of us that belong to other forums know about the customer service rep that MMR has in much of the mustang community. Well I conveyed this in the form of a warning to steer clear of MMR. I think I said "be scared, run far away." or something along those lines. I never swore and didn't talk any smack. I could have just said, "**** MMR!" or something like that but I didn't. Now my post is gone.

It is my understanding that only moderators can delete stuff. So to the moderators, "**** Off!" Are only positive comments allowed? Are you here to stifle information and opinion? What rules have I broken that resulted in the deleting of my post? Is it because they are a site sponsor and pay you money? I have been here as an active member for about a decade and have thousands of posts. I was even voted ROTY once. My rep here is second to none as far as trying to help people in a positive way. If that help is to let people know to stay away from a certain part or company with a bad rep, than so be it. But who are you to delete it? No wonder this forum died so hard with this kind of management. I'm going to post up my warning again and see if it gets deleted again. I'm not spreading any falsehood about the company, just stating an opinion and sharing it. If you want I can start another thread and link all of the threads on this company that are out there on the internet. Is this not what this forum is for? To help people make informed decisions? If you delete information or opinion you are defeating the whole purpose of this forum.

·
Administrator
33,193 Posts
first off, i wasn't the one to delete your post, but i stand with the person who did so.

it's against the rules to bash vendors, especially in their sales threads. you know that. you offered no valuable information other than telling people to stay away from them. if you have beef with them, post it in an appropriate place and back up your opinion with facts and actual information. you don't stand at the entrance of walmart and tell people not to shop there, do you?

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
first off, i wasn't the one to delete your post, but i stand with the person who did so.

it's against the rules to bash vendors, especially in their sales threads. you know that. you offered no valuable information other than telling people to stay away from them. if you have beef with them, post it in an appropriate place and back up your opinion with facts and actual information. you don't stand at the entrance of walmart and tell people not to shop there, do you?

So if I back it up with links to threads where they have screwed someone over will that be OK? Or should I start my own thread? So maybe their sale thread is not the appropriate place but certainly if I start my own thread, that will be OK, right? If I have an opinion about them or anybody else I should have the right to post it up, correct?

And no I won't stand at the front of walmart and tell people not to shop there but I will write a review for everybody to see. My most recent review of Discount Tire was scathing and will tell everybody I know not to go there.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, by all means. we even have a section for that.

Reviews - Forums at Modded Mustangs

but again, keep it factual and about firsthand experiences rather than what you've just read from other people on the internet.
Thanks BWAL. I will definitely do so. But I have no firsthand experience with them as I have heeded the warnings of others. But there is an enormous amount of threads on mmr and their dealings with other forum members that should be taken into account. Like I told MMR in their PM to me. Where there is smoke there is fire. That is why you don't see negative threads on companies like BMR? I will link up threads without interjecting my opinion. People should be informed of some of the shady dealings this company. Just want to spread the word on these shysters. If this is not the forum to do it in then I will be out, as I feel this is exactly the kind of information we should be getting from the forums we visit.

·
13,573 Posts
07 Boss First of all I want to say thank you for all your contributions to this forum and more so all mustang enthusiasts who read your knowledgeable posts.

With that being said I deleted the thread because it was in a inappropriate place. There are places for this such as the business review section specifically made to review a business if you had a less then pleasurable experience with them.. I posted the link to the reviews section to help you find a reasonable place to unload..

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Being a moderator is a thankless job.....

John

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
07 Boss First of all I want to say thank you for all your contributions to this forum and more so all mustang enthusiasts who read your knowledgeable posts.

With that being said I deleted the thread because it was in a inappropriate place. There are places for this such as the business review section specifically made to review a business if you had a less then pleasurable experience with them.. I posted the link to the reviews section to help you find a reasonable place to unload..

And thank you for getting back to me. I might have been a little hot this morning when I started this thread and for that I apologize. I didn't realize it was in the wrong place and I will post up a thread in the review section as soon as I get all of my t's crossed and I's dotted. I was just mad, thought it was wrong to suppress opinions contrary to the paying vendors but now I realize it was just the wrong place. Thought my free speech/opinion was being thwarted for the sake of making money. I see different now.

·
13,573 Posts
And thank you for getting back to me. I might have been a little hot this morning when I started this thread and for that I apologize. I didn't realize it was in the wrong place and I will post up a thread in the review section as soon as I get all of my t's crossed and I's dotted. I was just mad, thought it was wrong to suppress opinions contrary to the paying vendors but now I realize it was just the wrong place. Thought my free speech/opinion was being thwarted for the sake of making money. I see different now.
Thank you for understanding and no we do not Thwart opinions we just shuffle them to the right place Lol.. I understand about getting upset when things are not going good. if you follow that link I posted up it will take you to the right place and once again thank you for your contributions to the forum and all those who read it.

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Authorized Advertiser
380 Posts
The post was removed because it should not have been there in the first place, you are NOT a customer and have ZERO business dealings with us. You bashed our company based on something you heard or read on the internet - NOT PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. This is wrong and it should not take a moderator or us to point that out. Regardless, we contacted you to find out how we could help or what the problem was, that would be considered good customer service to most. We come to find out that you are not even a customer! Regardless, water under the bridge at this point. Per the PM we sent you, we would appreciate a fair chance just like any company deserves, we have done you zero personal wrong yet we still made an attempt to fix it.

Our company does not have the worlds fastest modulars because we are bad at what we do, likewise you cant have 100% positive feedback on sites like ebay for the last 15 years by having bad customer service, and yes we do have 100% positive feedback on ebay. We are certainly not perfect, but these records and feedback are indicative of 99% of our customers experiences, and our gesture towards you (even though you turned out not to be a customer) are indicative of what we do when we have a complaint, and that is reach out like we did.

We hope you are able to form your own opinion moving forward, and we encourage others not to be internet sheep, be your own person and form your own opinions based on fact, not internet hearsay. Anyone can post ANYTHING on the internet, including our own competitors, this however does not give it any validity.

Thank you to the moderators for doing what most would consider morally the right thing to do.

Modular Motorsports Inc

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Living the dream brotha, wbu? Hope you and the fam are doing great!
Every thing's good. Could always use some more cash as I have another project going with a 2nd gen F-body and a big block. I'm behind schedule due to funding. But other wise all is pretty good. Wife, boy and dog, all doing well. Me, getting old, **** hurts that didn't used to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts