Modded Mustang Forums banner

Why you should use seafoam!

2K views 21 replies 13 participants last post by  walt1120 
#1 ·
Hi guys, been seeing the seafoam newb questions popping up again. I just received my windstar back home so i had the wifey take some pics of the runners. If your here looking for performance for your stang, then you most definitely wouldn't leave this crap in your intake. Enjoy the pics.

Now go seafoam your engine for gods sakes, lol.

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Because i have done it to my stock upper. I use it any time i clean my tb's as well. cuts right thru it. This is to show what warrants the seafoaming. It's kinda hard for me to seafoam this since i'm in iraq!

EDIT: ^Love the Sig BTW!!

#8 ·
Seafoam will not do much on those runners. That is just nasty.

It does work and I've used it in every car I've owned. I used it on this one after the turbo rebuild to get rid of all the oil my engine swallowed from the leaking turbo. It was so bad that it fouled the plugs with all the smoke, but it did wonders.

#12 ·
Trust me this is going on my rebuilt stroker motor and will be cleansed throughly before being installed. I'm betting looking at the pics it'll be a pita and take me a few minute do de-gunk it.

#11 ·
@ serlin-that also doesnt look like a six your driving. even on my wifes durango and every car i've had since using seafoam its always a part of my tune up. Any time you use a pcv system to reintroduce crankcase vapor into the engine your gonna have oil misting. theres no way around it unless you use an air/oil seperator, or bypass the pcv and vent to atmosphere.

#13 ·
I really doubt seafoam would do much for that; It needs to be actually scrubbed.

I wouldn't seafoam my car. Either it A. Won't make much difference at all or B. Will make a difference and my tune won't be spot on anymore.

Before my next tune I'll clean everything out.

#15 ·
Yeah it'll be scrubbed throughly as mentioned before, seafoam does wonders with a bore brush to get deep in the runners.

Hmm. Guess I should take a look at what my runners on my windstar look like before I put it on. haha.
If you bought your kit from vap i'm pretty sure the already cleaned it out. Because VAP is currently out of stock and I can make all the parts I need I just figured I'd save the money and build the other parts myself. This one is straight from the Junkyard. Obviously never cleaned as well.

#17 ·
The first time I used seafoam on my stang it was clear that I was the first one to do it. I had the car high idling at 1500RPM and the can hooked up to a vacuum line with a barb fitting in the cap so it it would pull a vacuum on the can and vaporize the seafoam to really clean out the intake instead of just pouring it in as a liquid.

There was so much smoke coming out of my exhaust that you couldn't see anything for about 2 blocks down wind of my car, it was so bad that I'm honestly surprised that no one called the fire department. A week later I seafoamed my car again, that time I got a few puffs of smoke and then nothing for the rest of the can.

What changed? The second time there was nothing to clean out of my intake and combustion chambers so there was no smoke in my exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.