Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This isn't your typical wheel Question!
My rear tires won't last but another summer:sorry.
I have OEM 18,s on my car now and I love them and I want to keep them at all cost!
I want to send my Rear wheels to Weldcraft Wheels Wheel Widening Wheel Repairs Wheel Restoration to get them widened to what ever I want! That is the problem, I don't know what I want:tomato
I want a set of tires that will work well with my 4.10's but for road use. They might see the track once or twice.:confused:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Well actually I am currently looking at picking up some Shelby Razors in 18x9, sending two off for the rear to get extended to 18x10.5. They said it would be about $200 per wheel. My buddy had his done for his 350Z and he said they were just about perfect, he's very happy with their work. What would be the full tire specs/size to get for 18x9 and 18x10.5 for our cars?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Hey, If you get some prices of what it would cost to get yours widened let us know. I wouldn't mind having my stock 18's widened for some drag radials.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is about what I heard for pricing! Not to bad to keep the original looks of the car, with a little sleeper effect

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
I have 40s with 17x8 on my 17"s... I think you could put 30s on 18x9 on a 18"... it all depends on hoe you want your tires to look... 800 bucks is alot of change

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I have 40s with 17x8 on my 17"s... I think you could put 30s on 18x9 on a 18"... it all depends on hoe you want your tires to look... 800 bucks is alot of change
I really don't care what they look like, just looking to get the most traction out of them for straight line runs. They'll be my daily driver wheels and tires.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Tire guy I am talking is suggesting either 255/40-18 or 245/40-18 for the fronts and 335/30-18 for the rears after I told him that I was lowering the car too. Does this seem correct?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts