Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the safe range when tuning with a wide band air fuel ratio gauge. I would like it to make good power but i also wanna play it safe. Thanks

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
I am gonna probably ask a dumb question here, but you did get wide band o2 sensors right? Anyways, Stoichometric Ratio is 14.7:1, that is what the manufacturer sets your ratio at for catalytic converter longevity. A little leaner, you get better fuel economy with a chance of detonation. A little richer you get better performance. Even richer if you have a turbo or supercharger. Generally, mid 13:1 to mid 14:1 is good.

·
RIP Dennis
76,390 Posts
Poweradder or N/A?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think im going to order the single sensor version of the fast gauge from what ive read it has alot of cool features and the price is right there with every other one. you guys thing that would be a good choice? right now its n/a but soon to be blown.

·
RIP Dennis
76,390 Posts
I use a Innovative XD-16 with the LC-1...Its the best wideband I have seen out there...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So get it in the middle of 13:1 to 14:1. Now you wanna get this number at w.o.t but what should it read at idle. I just dont wanna hurt the motor.

·
RIP Dennis
76,390 Posts
HMUSN said:
13.3ish at WOT

14.1-14.3 at idle and normal conditions.
Thats risky with a Forced Induction engine...Mine is like 12.5 at WOT...I like em safe...

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah i want to play it completely safe. I want it to run good but on the safer side

·
RIP Dennis
76,390 Posts
I just knew he said he is soon to be bown so I jsut wanted to let him know that the A/F for N/A and F/I are two totally different deals...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts