Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure most of you know my car isnt running right... but anyways question is can i put a wide band in rear o2 bungs? The rear o2's are turned off and its a cattless midpipe.

I know it wont be as accurate as if they were closer to the motor and would take a little longer to heat up. But i think it might help give an idea of whats wrong.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha thanks joe!

Also im thinking the problem has something to do with the ford gt pump, and boost a pump... and somehow not tuned properly or something?

With the ford gt pump would it be better to run with an upgraded fpdm and just sell the bap you think?

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you mean? The wide band measures the A/F ratio... accurately. Narrows don't. They just know if your in the ideal range... rich lean or stoich. Where as the wide band will give you the actually number!
You can also datalog with wide band.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
My wideband bung is welded on my passenger side right behind my prochamber.

It read pretty much exactly the same as the dynojet wb.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
noob question from not a noob...what all will a wideband do?
Widebands Explained

Bypass the bap, or reinstall the hobbs switch and see how it works. No WOT without the bap on (unless you use the hobbs switch). Keep an eye on the AF. Have your tuner calibrate the volts for the fuel pump too.

·
Registered
575 Posts
from what I have been told its best located in the drivers side rear o2 spot. it will not matter that your rear 02 sensors are turned off because the wideband comes with its on sensor and and hardware.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
from what I have been told its best located in the drivers side rear o2 spot. it will not matter that your rear 02 sensors are turned off because the wideband comes with its on sensor and and hardware.
But if the rear o2 sensors are not turned off you will get a code when you unplug one. The rear o2 hole is only an option if you are catless.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts