Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my mechanic told me that i should put the widest tire on the rear of my car as i can for traction. i currently have chrome FR500's, 18x9.5 rims and Kumho 275-35-18's all the way around. i do have to get skinnier tires on the front cause they rub my downpipes. ANYWAY, whats the widest tire that i can put on the rear of my car without it rubbing anything with the rims that i have?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
But you can not fit 315's on your rim. The widest you can go on that wheel IMO is what you have now.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
But you can not fit 315's on your rim. The widest you can go on that wheel IMO is what you have now.
I run a 295 on a 9.5 out back with no bulge or rub... :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
hmm i guess i should just take it to the tire shop and see what they say!

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
:2cents
If you need traction, you're much better off going to a better compound than you are to a wider tire.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
true true. i guess i'll just wait til i ruin the 2 sets i have now of the 275's since i gota change the fronts. i have to change the rear gears from the 410's to 355's. the receipt book that came with my car says i have a auburn rear diff. i hope it has stronger than stock axels i it. i cant check for prolly a month when my mechanic has time to bring my car back in.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
BFG KDW2s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts