Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been doing a lot or research on both topics and still don't understand a few things. These pertain to a DD that gets whipped around corners with 3- 4 AX a year (maybe more coming this summer)

Tires:
1) Does 10-30 mm wider tires actually help out with AX?
2) In AX, is there an adverse effect to using tires that are wider than a wheels intended use? ( ex. 275 on a 8" wheel made for 245)

LCA:
1) Do spherical bushings last longer than polys (again on mostly street)?
2) Are double spherical's better for ax AND dd rather than poly/spherical combo?
3) WRT NVH, are poly/shperical = squirrel with metal boots versus double spherical = monkey with a wrench? or are people overreacting to the noise cause by either one?

I cant thank anyone who answers enough, finding these answers makes me :eek:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
all i see is basic info like dont use poly/poly, get one spherical ended one AT LEAST, nvh goes up, and you can run larger tires. doesnt answer anything, ( question 3 is more of an opinion )

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
PM Jazzer the Cat

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'l pm jazzer with a snazzier title so it doesnt go into "read the suspension guide" reply. At least i won a beer on a bet that someone would post that response though :drink

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I can answer 3 or 4 but I figured why not go to the one who is recommended.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
wider tires than what intended for on a wheel makes turning sloppy, because the tire will bulge.

LCA's just go with ATLEAST one sph bearing, any your good.

oh, and bigger tires than normal dont help out with twisties, then NEGATIVELY affect handling, as mentioned above.
:yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts