Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
today i had a horrible incident.i was cruising down the highway and i blew my rear passenger side tire.i think my wheel size is 8 1/2" wide.what is the widest tire i can put on this wheel? i have 235's now but will 255's fit? im a newb with this so be kind please

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sweet! do you know a good tire that will get me through until i get new wheels?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bob,you are truley a great diistant friend.ive had a ton of good info from you and i love it,im not gay either im just saying your a good guy and you are great about helping others.thank you

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i really like my kdw2's, but they aren't something i would recommend for cold weather or ice/snow. not sure of a good all weather tire that also has decent traction.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just gotta get somtin cheap until i get wider wheels.as long as they last a year ill be happy

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Pretty much anything is an improvement over the stock tires. If you only need them for a year or less, figure out what you want to spend on tires and then use Tire Rack to figure out the best tires for you in your price range based on traction and weather in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
If your looking for some good all seasons I would go with Conti DWS, Have them on my daily after I cheaped out on some Khumo Ecsta ASX that wore horribly on my car. But if you dont see snow I would check out the conti sportcontact.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
i just gotta get somtin cheap until i get wider wheels.as long as they last a year ill be happy
Onlinetires.com is the best place I have found for good deals. Just call before you order to confirm the tires you want are in stock. I went with the GTs they are cheap and not a bad tire if you put a lot of miles on your car. The size you need is 255/45

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I know these got alot of good reviews. Ive never had em but theyre worth looking into

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
U can usually pic up some Goodyear eagle f1 supercars at a decent price in a 255/45/18. Yokohama yk580 would be a good all season tire. The nitto motive is a brand new all season "z" rated tire with a 60k warranty. I just put nitto invos on my car and have been pretty impressed so far. Lots off good inexpensive options out there. Just remember, the only part of your vehicle that touches the ground is the tires... Make sure not to go too cheap, as it's the most important part of your car in regards to safety.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well,ugh,i only had one option of places to buy from.firestone.i asked the guy for a 255 tire that would match the front in height.he says 255/40 so i said ok.i ended up getting bridgestone potenza ultra high performance summer tires and liked them when i seen them on the floor.

i get home and look at them closer and the 255/40 doesnt even come close to the 235/50's.**** my life! so now i have to get two more for the front that are 255/40's but the 4x4 look is horrible on the 40's.i plan on buying lowering springs very soon so im asking you guys what springs to get that will cover up as much space as possible but once i need new tires id like to go bigger wheels and a taller tire.

am i going to have to suffer and get springs that will help some now or can i get the lowest springs and still put on bigger tires later on?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
had to,i had no money and my dad let me use his firestone credit card,that was my only option.i wanted nitto or gforce but it just couldnt happen

how do you jack up your car with it being that low? i have a hard time doing it now

·
Make Me Squirt
2,455 Posts
Drive up on a board then slide the jack under. Some guys have made some pretty impressive ramps that are very gradual out of boards.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

Reactions: butters

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
good idea,reps!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
well,ugh,i only had one option of places to buy from.firestone.i asked the guy for a 255 tire that would match the front in height.he says 255/40 so i said ok.i ended up getting bridgestone potenza ultra high performance summer tires and liked them when i seen them on the floor.

i get home and look at them closer and the 255/40 doesnt even come close to the 235/50's.**** my life! so now i have to get two more for the front that are 255/40's but the 4x4 look is horrible on the 40's.i plan on buying lowering springs very soon so im asking you guys what springs to get that will cover up as much space as possible but once i need new tires id like to go bigger wheels and a taller tire.

am i going to have to suffer and get springs that will help some now or can i get the lowest springs and still put on bigger tires later on?
I told you 255/45. :facepalm: The 255/40 is over an inch shorter that the stock tires.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts