Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so im trying to firgure out how i could fit 315s on my 06 GT. I was wondering whats the biggest i could go with the stock 18" rims. And what size rims would i need to fit 315s on.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fit 275s on mine fine. But alright thanks.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol that was harsh. I was wondering if i could fit any wider on them. So no im not retarded assholes lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
They may "fit" on a stock rim but it would be pointless. Your not going to be able to use the tread from the 315 on a 8.5" rim. I mean I can fit into a small t-shirt, but it looks stupid......same concept here

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
lol at small t shirt. There will be so much bubble on that tire that it will look dumb. I would say 285 max before it starts looking kinda goofy.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
they dont look all that bad but as stated. you wont use the full potential of a 315 tire. but if you already have the tires, you can put them on the wheels

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
315s will fit on a stock wheel... there are lots of threads about this....
No offense mystang, but this is bad advice.

Like Mike said, they may *fit* but a tire that wide on a rim that narrow not only looks bad, but it will perform bad too. It will have negative effects on handling, ride, traction, and tread wear.

Basically, don't do it.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
haha alright thanks everyone. Im going to look for some 10" to fit them on

·
Registered
244 Posts
Most tire manufacturers say 10.5 for 315 tires. At least thats what ive seen.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
8" wheels = 245's
8.5" weels = 255's
9" wheels = 275's
10" wheels = 305's
10.5" wheels = 315's

These are max recommended width (there are some variables) for nearly all manufacturers of tires. One can go a bit wider without any real problems, but going much wider will not only cause strain on the sidewalls, but poor performance and uneven wear. Oversized is also just a waste of width, so buy wider wheels.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I know you probably havent seen this as Mr.Internet just invented it, but there is this thing called a search button... It would amaze you what this thing does.
Fox your giving alot of people **** for this search button thing. I wouldnt be getting pissy with you if you could have just said Try using the search button. But you gotta get smart with me you asshole.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
But to everyone who actually helped me thank you alot

1 - 20 of 60 Posts