Modded Mustang Forums banner

Widest tires on stock rims

5941 Views 59 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  stanglifemike
Alright so im trying to firgure out how i could fit 315s on my 06 GT. I was wondering whats the biggest i could go with the stock 18" rims. And what size rims would i need to fit 315s on.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
i think 265's are the widest. you would need some 18x10s for 315s
I fit 275s on mine fine. But alright thanks.
then why did you ask?
Because hes a ratard:p
lol that was harsh. I was wondering if i could fit any wider on them. So no im not retarded assholes lol
275's are the widest for the stock rims.
275's are the widest for the stock rims.
Alright thanks man. So do you know what size rims would i need for 315s?
10" for 315's
315s will fit on a stock wheel... there are lots of threads about this....
They may "fit" on a stock rim but it would be pointless. Your not going to be able to use the tread from the 315 on a 8.5" rim. I mean I can fit into a small t-shirt, but it looks stupid......same concept here
lol at small t shirt. There will be so much bubble on that tire that it will look dumb. I would say 285 max before it starts looking kinda goofy.
they dont look all that bad but as stated. you wont use the full potential of a 315 tire. but if you already have the tires, you can put them on the wheels
315s will fit on a stock wheel... there are lots of threads about this....
No offense mystang, but this is bad advice.

Like Mike said, they may *fit* but a tire that wide on a rim that narrow not only looks bad, but it will perform bad too. It will have negative effects on handling, ride, traction, and tread wear.

Basically, don't do it.
haha alright thanks everyone. Im going to look for some 10" to fit them on
Most tire manufacturers say 10.5 for 315 tires. At least thats what ive seen.
I know you probably havent seen this as Mr.Internet just invented it, but there is this thing called a search button... It would amaze you what this thing does.

Forums at Modded Mustangs - Search Results
8" wheels = 245's
8.5" weels = 255's
9" wheels = 275's
10" wheels = 305's
10.5" wheels = 315's

These are max recommended width (there are some variables) for nearly all manufacturers of tires. One can go a bit wider without any real problems, but going much wider will not only cause strain on the sidewalls, but poor performance and uneven wear. Oversized is also just a waste of width, so buy wider wheels.

Jazzer :)
I know you probably havent seen this as Mr.Internet just invented it, but there is this thing called a search button... It would amaze you what this thing does.
Fox your giving alot of people **** for this search button thing. I wouldnt be getting pissy with you if you could have just said Try using the search button. But you gotta get smart with me you asshole.
But to everyone who actually helped me thank you alot
1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.