Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read about the difference in brands but want to know what is the widest tire that will fit on a new edge? And what's the widest tire you can put on 18x10? I have 295s right now but if I can go bigger I will

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
I have 315/35's on my 18 x 10's, they bulge a tiny bit, but I kinda of like the look. Overall widest tire that would fit is a 335 or 345. Not many 2v's run them, but Cobra's with swapped SRA do.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have 315/35/18 toyo's on a 18x10 rim. I'm lowered 2" out front and 1.75" in back. I do have some rubbing at points but nothing crazy. I will eventually ahve to have the fenders rolled. But here you go..

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I will be going with 315s next time, thanx for the pics sick car

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Yup no problem! thanks!

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
Guy I kow has 335s on a 10" rim, looks way to bulging IMO, had to do some clearancing with a BFH and fender rolling.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Guy I kow has 335s on a 10" rim, looks way to bulging IMO, had to do some clearancing with a BFH and fender rolling.
Yeah, that's way too much. The most I would put on a 10" rim would be a 305. After that, it takes away from the appearance and probably isn't necessary for traction purposes. Also, if you're going to go with a tire that wide, just get 10.5" rims.

·
Watch n learn
876 Posts
12s would be better, the tire is way to wide on it, the tread actually turns into the sidewall a bit, he likes it though.

·
Senior Drill Instructor
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't wanna change the roush wheels so ill probably stick with 315 or maybe smaller cause I like the bfg's and as far as i can tell they go from a 295 then jump to a 335 guess ts 295's for me

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Also you need to put in consideration is the height of the tire. My rear tires are a 305/40 compared to my old 275/35's, the new ones are 2" taller. I ran them for 200 miles and my fenders chewed the **** out of them so I rolled them.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
For just about any 315, you should be running a 11" or 12" wide wheel otherwise you'll get tire bulge and your tires will wear out much faster. Just roll the fenders and hammer out the inside wheelwells to provide clearance.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Don't wanna change the roush wheels so ill probably stick with 315 or maybe smaller cause I like the bfg's and as far as i can tell they go from a 295 then jump to a 335 guess ts 295's for me
If you are stock/bolt on, there is no need for a 335 tire. You can narrower tire that will be just as sticky or if not, more.

·
Registered
119 Posts
315's But i needed to roll my fenders. (vogtland springs with isolators)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
My tires aren't wearing bad at all with 315/35/18 on a 10" rim. The fender is the only thing screwing one up..

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I had 315s on my 10.5. Ran too much air so they wore horribly, and I had to roll the fender wether it was when I still had a sra,or now with the irs, it started taking chunks out

1 - 16 of 16 Posts