Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my friends , i have a weird issue i have been trying to figure out. my car is a 99 gt with the kenne bell super charger on it. the last few months my car has been making this weird rattling sound in my exhaust, i thought it was my prochamber box. it almost sounds like a metal can in the pipe rattling around. so i changed out the prochamber out and bought a new bbk x pipe, still the same sounds, so i thought maybe one of my flowmasters had something loose inside the muffler. changed them out to a super turbo, well guess what still the same noise. and it sounds like its coming from the drivers side.
i put all new gaskets on the x pipe up top, what if the egr tube has a leak? would that make a funny sound? i dont know what more i can do to pin point this sound, even the guys at the muffler shop couldn't make it out..

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I had something similar... but it was just a loose hanger. I'm sure you've checked that, though :lol. Otherwise, I guess I'm not much help because it seems you've covered my other suggestions.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
do you have cats welded in anywhere?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea tell me about it, waste allot of money trying to figure this out. its driving me nuts, i had the exhaust guy check all the hangers and bolts, its all new, but it really sounds like its coming from the drivers side. there are no cats at all, off road bbk x pipe, i will try to get a sound clip tomorrow.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Could it be rubbing somewhere? Like the tailpipe rubbing on the rear, tank, or trunk area? Have you noticed a vibration?

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Re check your hangers, and wiggle the exhaust around to try and create the noise. An exhaust leak will have more of a tick to it

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
has anyone had that egr pipe come loose or break? does it make the car run a little ruff? and make the exhaust sound weird? thats the only thing other then maybe the gaskets on the stock headers might be leaking? im pulling my hair out, ready to sell my car..lol

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys, what about this one? i got under the car, looked up at the header, well im missing the nut off the last stud on my header. i see some black where looks like the exhaust is leaking, could that all so pull in fresh air and make the exhaust sound different? or have a popping?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Click thread tools and then subscribe to the thread, then you should get emails
If you go into the control panel you can set it up to notify you instantly on all threads by default.

ok guys, what about this one? i got under the car, looked up at the header, well im missing the nut off the last stud on my header. i see some black where looks like the exhaust is leaking, could that all so pull in fresh air and make the exhaust sound different? or have a popping?
If there is an exhaust leak pre-Upstream O2, it can and will cause a number of issues, including possible rough idle, backfires and stall outs.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
^ what he said, but if you post in a lot of threads it gets old getting so many emails lol. So I disabled it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts