Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im out of town and the wife decides to take the stang out after i asked her not too,
Needless to say heres the damage.

BEfore pic.

What can be done now if anything to fix this.

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
kepp all the keys with you, at all times....:shiftyeyes

may take it somewhere and have them mill down the scrapes, then paint match?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kepp all the keys with you, at all times....:shiftyeyes

may take it somewhere and have them mill down the scrapes, then paint match?
Lesson learned for sure.
Do you know what kind of place id take it too?
Only had these about a month .
So pissed!!!
Bad thing is i was worried my 17 year old would do this.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
man **** would be going down at my house....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Most wheel repair places should be able to fix that. Not sure about your area.

·
Registered
34 Posts
id make her sleep outside for the night haha

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh the **** has already went down and I won't even be home till Saturday sometime. I'm so pissed. All along I was worried my 17 year old sone would tear it up.

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
That sucks but I'm sure it can be fixed by a good wheel shop.

Might I suggest buying Goodyear Eagle F1 tires next time? The tread looks almost identicle to those. They also come with this nice rim protector on the side. It's a rubber flange that sticks out (it's a nice radius so it looks normal) at the rims edge. Then if you scrape the rim against a curb (wife did this a couple times in mine), it protects them and you just lose some rubber from the flange.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I just got these. Got a very good deal on these wheels and tires in near perfect condition with the almost new tires. Main concern now is, can the wheel be fixed?

·
Premium Member
10,592 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I just got these. Got a very good deal on these wheels and tires in near perfect condition with the almost new tires. Main concern now is, can the wheel be fixed?
I've seen worse things fixed on wheels. I've never personally fixed any wheels, but take it to a wheel shop and I bet it'll get fixed no problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
your lucky it didnt knock off a chunk of the wheel that cant be fixed

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
That can definitely be fixed. The rim will just have to be sanded down and reshaped, then the wheel will need to be refinished. Check your yellow pages for a wheel repair shop.

·
Registered
171 Posts
take it to someone that fixes rims. ask around at tire shops. and never let a women drive. lol jk

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
There is a national company here in Raleigh called RIM GUARD. You should check and see if they have one in your area. That rim is totally fixable.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
break her finger nails off...same damage right? haha. As said above just try to take it to a shope and paint to match. hope it can be fixed man. damn

·
Registered
701 Posts
What state are you in? There's a place in PA, I think its called WCC (Wheel somethin something). You can send yours in and give you a replacement, or tell them to fix yours. Just Google it. I took my stock bullit wheel there (bent lip, New Jersey pot hole need I say more) long story short u can't tell it was damaged.

·
Registered
157 Posts
break her finger nails off...same damage right? haha. As said above just try to take it to a shope and paint to match. hope it can be fixed man. damn
I say you stay cool, don't freak out, remain calm, and know that the next time you do something, you've got leverage!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
thats not bad at all. i should show you what the potholes here in michigan did to my 99 cobras. needless to say theyre getting fixed as soon as i can afford new tires.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts