Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok the wife has kinda gave me a little slack and let me mod my motor, and im taking the short block and heads up to and engine builder i know, so heres what i got..
vt stage 2's with springs that he recomends

if i can find a decent price for long tubes/midpipe combo ill do that, but planning on shortys right now

i know ill need a tune afterwords

and he said he could get my stock heads ported and polishd/flow benched for around 500$... but i dont know

mabey a short shifter, but i really just wanted cams and exhaust... so any other suggestions you guy wana throw around?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
now that u have the motor out ..I put in a chevy

as cool as that would be.........i couldnt bring my self to do it, plus i dont want to mess with all the small **** in swapping in a diffrent motor:cool:

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea the builder im going to builds cars for a bunch of guys at a local track and they get good deals on performance parts..... really really good deals, and they know there ****, so im going to talk to them 2mar

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
camS on a stock motor will pick up, what, 10-15 rwhp? if you do camS, I'd recommend porting the heads also.
yea thats what i was thinking.. theses stock heads are kinda weak... and 500$ isnt bad for getting them ported/polished and flowbenched

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
camS on a stock motor will pick up, what, 10-15 rwhp? if you do camS, I'd recommend porting the heads also.
Uhhh... a good set cams will gain A LOT more then that...

·
Registered
627 Posts
Uhhh... a good set cams will gain A LOT more then that...

Yeah it will be more that 10-15rwhp. I know a guy that had all the bolt ons and Comp Cams 270s and put down a little over 300rwhp. When I say all the bolt ons I mean intake, t/b and plenum, lts, mid pipe, cat back, u/d pulleys, and a tuner.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
You can get Mac LTs and a prochamber for ~$700. Why would you open up the flow on the intake side and leave it restricted on the exhaust side.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
plz keep the ford motor lol ive heard great things about comp cams they have some 500 lifts for like 500

1 - 20 of 24 Posts