Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a 4 valve swap in my 01 GT, I compared my header gasket the the 4 valve heads and they look similar. My question is will 2 valve long tube headers work on my 4 valve heads or do they have different ports or is the 4 valve engine alot wider that the 2 valve? Anybody have any experience with this?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
NO, the exhaust ports are different on a 4v.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
:no

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering havnt had the manifolds off and they looked so similar on the outside. If I buy long tubes for the 4 valve will they match up to my catback? Or will i have to change out my whole exhaust system?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
they will match up to your cat back if you get the correct mid pipe for the brand long tubes you are using. if you mix and match brands you mid have to do a little tweeking

·
Registered
374 Posts
mid pipes and cat backs will fit my magna packs came off a 4v.

·
Registered
374 Posts
they did come off a mach it has a 125 shot and i bust his ass at the track so :D. i actually only have him by .05 same 60'

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a 4v teksid in my garage with 50k miles on it, Im lookin at getting the C heads and an 01 intake manifold and someday a 302 stroker kit and single turbo kit :). But im stuck with N/A till pry next winter :(

1 - 20 of 20 Posts