Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
don't think so... but you can do a swap using the original bellhousing...don't know why you would want to though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
don't think so... but you can do a swap using the original bellhousing...don't know why you would want to though.
I dont think the original 4.6 bellhousing will bolt up to a 5.0.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont think the original 4.6 bellhousing will bolt up to a 5.0.
Ok that i was expecting. But will my T5 bellhousing bolt on? Along with the factory T5 tranny support/mount and driveshaft? I'm getting it for a good price and mine took a crap thats why i am asking.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ok that i was expecting. But will my T5 bellhousing bolt on? Along with the factory T5 tranny support/mount and driveshaft? I'm getting it for a good price and mine took a crap thats why i am asking.
No

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i think the t45 bellhousing is part of the transmission case isnt it??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NO it isnt. Where the t5 bolts to the bellhousing from the outside, the t45 bolts from the inside. It is removable.
Ok now i'm confused. Soooo does that mean i can bolt on the T5 bellhousing or does that mean i need to find a aftermarket bellhousing to use it in my fox?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Ok now i'm confused. Soooo does that mean i can bolt on the T5 bellhousing or does that mean i need to find a aftermarket bellhousing to use it in my fox?
dude just get a t5 i am sure that u will proly need a differnt driveshaft with that tranny and the shifter proly wont like up right... although u never know it may work out for ya why dont u go ahead and let us know if it works out for ya :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
People have done a T-45 swap before, but why, it isn't any better than a T5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts