Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
don't think so... but you can do a swap using the original bellhousing...don't know why you would want to though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
don't think so... but you can do a swap using the original bellhousing...don't know why you would want to though.
I dont think the original 4.6 bellhousing will bolt up to a 5.0.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont think the original 4.6 bellhousing will bolt up to a 5.0.
Ok that i was expecting. But will my T5 bellhousing bolt on? Along with the factory T5 tranny support/mount and driveshaft? I'm getting it for a good price and mine took a crap thats why i am asking.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Ok that i was expecting. But will my T5 bellhousing bolt on? Along with the factory T5 tranny support/mount and driveshaft? I'm getting it for a good price and mine took a crap thats why i am asking.
No

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
i think the t45 bellhousing is part of the transmission case isnt it??

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
i think the t45 bellhousing is part of the transmission case isnt it??

NO it isnt. Where the t5 bolts to the bellhousing from the outside, the t45 bolts from the inside. It is removable.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NO it isnt. Where the t5 bolts to the bellhousing from the outside, the t45 bolts from the inside. It is removable.
Ok now i'm confused. Soooo does that mean i can bolt on the T5 bellhousing or does that mean i need to find a aftermarket bellhousing to use it in my fox?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Ok now i'm confused. Soooo does that mean i can bolt on the T5 bellhousing or does that mean i need to find a aftermarket bellhousing to use it in my fox?
dude just get a t5 i am sure that u will proly need a differnt driveshaft with that tranny and the shifter proly wont like up right... although u never know it may work out for ya why dont u go ahead and let us know if it works out for ya :)

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
People have done a T-45 swap before, but why, it isn't any better than a T5.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts